Oranges knocked out
Letchworth Eagles Orange 0 Knebworth Youth Cheetahs Yellows 2 Under-10s The Yellows trip to Letchworth saw a cup tie full of good football with the visitors having the upper hand throughout. The Eagles had Elliot to thank in the Letchworth goal as he mad
Letchworth Eagles Orange 0 Knebworth Youth Cheetahs Yellows 2
The Yellows' trip to Letchworth saw a cup tie full of good football with the visitors having the upper hand throughout.
The Eagles had Elliot to thank in the Letchworth goal as he made save after save as Knebworth began to create chances with some superb build-up play, and Ewan Fewell, Taylor Wilson and Codie Finch all went close but had their shots saved by the giant 'keeper as Letchworth made it to the break all square.
You may also want to watch:
More patient build-up play by the visitors saw Charlie Unwin create a chance for the lively Wilson and he sprinted to beat the 'keeper to the ball and nudge it past him for the opening goal.
Fewell, who was later named man-of-the-match, then received the ball with his back to goal with an Eagles defender marking him tight but he somehow managed to create a yard of space in which to turn his opponent before racing into the box and smashing home a second.
- 1 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 2 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 3 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 4 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 5 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 6 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 7 Cooling caps appeal to reduce chemo patients' hair loss
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Socially-distanced festival is a welcome return to pre-pandemic good times
- 10 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
The Yellows had further chances with Unwin and Thomas Porter both going close, and Letchworth also tried to rally and they saw their striker Jordan go close only for Steffan Jones to produce a fine save to maintain a clean sheet.
It finished a well-refereed game played in a good spirit and Knebworth progress to the last 16 hoping to go one better than their semi-final appearances in the last two seasons.