Openers Fynn and Ward set Reed up for comfortable win
Knebworth Blue Reed II 246-4 Reed won by 55 runsREED Sunday Seconds played Knebworth Blue in a 40/40 friendly and won by 55 runs. Reed captain Peter Baker asked the young partnership of Julian Fynn (76) and Kallum Ward (43) to open the batting and they m
Reed II 246-4
Reed won by 55 runs
REED Sunday Seconds played Knebworth Blue in a 40/40 friendly and won by 55 runs.
Reed captain Peter Baker asked the young partnership of Julian Fynn (76) and Kallum Ward (43) to open the batting and they made it to 95 before Ward was run out.
P Baker (11), Keiran Willoughby (35no) and Marcus Baker (71) also added runs as they closed on 246-4.
- 1 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 2 Melbourn Village College ready for Hastings battle in quarter-finals of national cup
- 3 Royston drama group CADS announces winner of 2022 Fred Sillence Award
- 4 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 5 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 6 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 7 Experience University of Cambridge Museums' free Twilight with the Museums sleepover at home
- 8 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 9 Patients required to continue wearing face coverings in healthcare settings
- 10 Royston Golf Club donates £1,000 to hospice
It was not until Knebworth Blue had reached 53 that the breakthrough was made in reply when J Fynn hit the stumps from a direct throw to run out Rusling (28).
From there wickets fell at steady intervals to the bowling of Dominic McComish (6-0-26-2), Peter Baker (6-0-37-2) and Lloyd Bowman (6-0-29-4).