Open day at Royston Cricket Club
ROYSTON Cricket Club will be holding an annual open day at their Therfield ground this Saturday (April 25). This event will serve as the season curtain opener for both the youth and senior sides and begins at 10.30am with club coaches and officials on han
ROYSTON Cricket Club will be holding an annual open day at their Therfield ground this Saturday (April 25).
This event will serve as the season curtain opener for both the youth and senior sides and begins at 10.30am with club coaches and officials on hand to meet any potential new players, answer questions and complete membership formalities.
Club clothing and cut price cricket equipment will also be on sale and this will be followed by a friendly match between members of the under-11 and under-13 sides.
Mixed teams from the under-15s and second teams will then play a 25 over game at 2pm.
You may also want to watch:
Refreshments and barbecued food will be on sale from midday and, weather permitting, it should be a fun day for new and existing players, family and friends.
Royston's first and second teams kick off their league season on May 2.
- 1 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 2 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 3 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 4 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 5 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 6 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
The first team begin their promotion-chasing season at Milton while the second team are at home against Great Chishill seconds.
All games are 1.30pm starts.
It is not too late for potential new players to come along for a practice session - there is one remaining indoor net session at Royston Leisure Centre on Wednesday April 29 between 8pm and 9pm for Colts and 9pm to 10pm for adults.