On-song Rockets shine to beat the weather
BMX RACING: Sunday saw the third round of the East Anglia BMX Summer Series, and despite the bad weather The Royston Rockets were once again out in force. In the under-six-year class Kelly Newall was rewarded with third place, with teammate Louis Foreman
BMX RACING: Sunday saw the third round of the East Anglia BMX Summer Series, and despite the bad weather The Royston Rockets were once again out in force.
In the under-six-year class Kelly Newall was rewarded with third place, with teammate Louis Foreman fourth.
In the seven-year class Royston's James King took a fine win with Marmaduke Birt claiming second place, while Ethan Vernon took the win in the eight-year class, ahead of Oliver Snelling in second place.
Aaron Dalleywater finished second in the nine-year class, with Bradan Blanche taking fifth spot, while in the 10-year class Zak Foreman finished fourth, just ahead of Matthew Harris, who was fifth.
You may also want to watch:
In the 13-year class Aston Blanche claimed another impressive victory for The Rockets, and in the 14-year class Jamie Hutchinson finished third, ahead of teammate Ben Gutteridge who was fourth.
Wayne Gutteridge fought hard in the 16-year class, where he took a deserved second place, a position that Darren Forman also occupied in the 30+ Masters category.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 6 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 7 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
On Sunday, The Rockets host the re-scheduled East Anglia Spring Classic at their home track in Burns Road.
For more details visit the website www.roystonrockets.co.uk