Olympic VeloPark action for Cycle Club Ashwell
- Credit: Archant
Five riders represented Cycle Club Ashwell at the first round of the National Youth Track Omnium at Welwyn’s outdoor track on Sunday.
The level of competition was high with riders from all over the London region attending.
Most riders had five races: a time-trial to start, followed by an elimination, scratch, sprint and finishing with a points race.
The club had a fantastic day, with Sophie Lewis finishing on the podium as third U14 girl, Mark Lightfoot was third in the U10s, Freddie Cooke was 14th out of a large, strong U12 boys’ group, Holly Proctor eighth in U16s, and Adam Lightfoot 12th in the U14s.
CCA’s young stars were also in action an the Hackney CC youth circuit racing at London’s Olympic VeloPark.
You may also want to watch:
There was some tightly packed action with a combined U14 and U16 field, but all Ashwell riders gave 100 per cent and were well rewarded for their efforts.
Harley Pell took first place in the U14 Girls category. Adam Lightfoot placed seventh in the U14 boys’ category with Noah and Felix Field coming home with the main bunch. Mark Lightfoot had a quick final sprint to take second place in the U8/10 race with Joseph Hadsley close behind in fifth position.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 3 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 5 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 6 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 10 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
At the first club 10 mile time trial of the season, Cameron Woolsey took the top spot with an impressive early season time of 21 minutes 57 seconds. Full Results: C Woolsey 21.57; S jennings 23.56; A Skeen 24.40; S Miles 25.44 ; M Scales 26.13; J Field 26.34; G Lewis 26.37; L Holmes 26. 39; N Field 26.54; D Wells 26.56; E Koppe 28.00; K Stigwood 28.25; R Bumstead 28.53; A Lightfoot 28.55; M Pullen 29.59; J Andrews 30.10; J Fraser 31.35; S Watts 32.03; F Field 32.17; A Fraser 34.05; S Critchley 34.59.