Oliver Gull brace sinks Potton
Buntingford Cougars under-eights travelled to Potton with mixed results. In the first game the Cougars were 1-0 down at the break but a second half Oliver Gull brace turned the game around and the Cougars ran out deserved 2-1 winners. The second match saw
Buntingford Cougars under-eights travelled to Potton with mixed results.
In the first game the Cougars were 1-0 down at the break but a second half Oliver Gull brace turned the game around and the Cougars ran out deserved 2-1 winners.
The second match saw Potton take control and lead 2-0 at the break. Although Potton hit two more in the second half man-of-the-match Harrison Jones pulled off some great saves and Joe Flack scored a blinding conciliation goal.
Despite matching their opponents for most of the first half, Royston Celtics under-11s were unable to keep up with Buntingford Cougars and lost 4-0.
You may also want to watch:
Justin leavers, who missed a penalty, put in a solid performance and was ably supported by Tom McGlynn and Richard Jonas.
Buntingford's under-13s Whites were away to Albion Youth Rovers in Stevenage with most of the team suffering from tired bodies after a school trip to France.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 3 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 4 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 5 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 8 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
Despite a brave performance the Cougars were down 3-0 at half time, and although they fought back in the second with two goals from Ewan Edwards and one from Chris Marshall, they ended up losing 6-3.
A last gasp winner from Charlie Ball handed the Cougars' under-15s team all the spoils in a sensational 4-3 win over Baldock Town Lancers.
The Cougars went in 1-0 at the break, but a superb second half recovery saw them level with just moments left before Ball's late winner.
Buntingford Cougars U15s made it four wins in a row with a 2-0 win over Royston Celtics under-15s with Jake Skinner's goal and James Clannell's excellent free kick both coming in the second half.