Oliver Gull brace sinks Potton
Buntingford Cougars under-eights travelled to Potton with mixed results. In the first game the Cougars were 1-0 down at the break but a second half Oliver Gull brace turned the game around and the Cougars ran out deserved 2-1 winners. The second match saw
Buntingford Cougars under-eights travelled to Potton with mixed results.
In the first game the Cougars were 1-0 down at the break but a second half Oliver Gull brace turned the game around and the Cougars ran out deserved 2-1 winners.
The second match saw Potton take control and lead 2-0 at the break. Although Potton hit two more in the second half man-of-the-match Harrison Jones pulled off some great saves and Joe Flack scored a blinding conciliation goal.
Despite matching their opponents for most of the first half, Royston Celtics under-11s were unable to keep up with Buntingford Cougars and lost 4-0.
Justin leavers, who missed a penalty, put in a solid performance and was ably supported by Tom McGlynn and Richard Jonas.
Buntingford's under-13s Whites were away to Albion Youth Rovers in Stevenage with most of the team suffering from tired bodies after a school trip to France.
- 1 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 2 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 3 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 5 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 6 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 7 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 8 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 9 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 10 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
Despite a brave performance the Cougars were down 3-0 at half time, and although they fought back in the second with two goals from Ewan Edwards and one from Chris Marshall, they ended up losing 6-3.
A last gasp winner from Charlie Ball handed the Cougars' under-15s team all the spoils in a sensational 4-3 win over Baldock Town Lancers.
The Cougars went in 1-0 at the break, but a superb second half recovery saw them level with just moments left before Ball's late winner.
Buntingford Cougars U15s made it four wins in a row with a 2-0 win over Royston Celtics under-15s with Jake Skinner's goal and James Clannell's excellent free kick both coming in the second half.