Oh Carroll ! Revenge proves sweet for ladies
Royston Ladies II 5 Leighton Buzzard III 1 ALI Carroll blasted a hat-trick as Royston gained revenge for their 7-1 defeat at Leighton earlier in the season by clinching an emphatic 5-1 victory. In a fairly even first half Royston turned good pressu
Royston Ladies II 5 Leighton Buzzard III 1
ALI Carroll blasted a hat-trick as Royston gained revenge for their 7-1 defeat at Leighton earlier in the season by clinching an emphatic 5-1 victory.
In a fairly even first half Royston turned good pressure into a 2-0 lead with goals from Wendy Finlay and Carroll.
Shortly into the second half the visitors scored on the break before Royston turned on the style and played arguably their best hockey of the season with slick passing and total dominance of possession.
You may also want to watch:
Player-of-the-match, Carroll, worked tirelessly on the right, scoring twice to complete her treble before Jules Fuller rounded off the scoring to complete a successful afternoon for the hosts.
South Herts Ladies 6 Royston Ladies 1
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 3 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 4 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 5 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 8 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
- 9 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 10 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
ROYSTON were hit for six at South Herts on Saturday. From the start of the game South Herts stamped their authority with a quick goal.
Royston settled with good battling from Denise Underwood and Sarah Buckerfield to equaliser.
In an attempt to clear the ball from the D, Royston's defence was left scrambling and this resulted in deflections to give South Herts another two goals.
In the second half Royston were left without Alex Meredith-Hardy due to injury, and despite a good performance from Ruth Askham, the home side added two more goals to wrap things up.
Stevenage Ladies IV 0 Royston Ladies III 2
THIS was a crucial match for Royston as Stevenage were only one place below them in the table.
The hosts started strongly from the start and 20 minutes into the game Rosie Polge made a long run down the right wing to pass in to her mum Heather Polge who connected perfectly into the Stevenage goal.
The second half saw Royston continuing the pressure and the forwards surged forward and a strike at goal by Tash Greenstein came off the keepers pads and Lisa Thompson collected the free ball to put the home side 2-0 up.
Royston were put under some pressure the last 10 minutes of the game but good defending and good goalkeeping from stand in goalkeeper Helen Miles kept the Stevenage attack at bay.