Oh Carroll ! Revenge proves sweet for ladies
Royston Ladies II 5 Leighton Buzzard III 1 ALI Carroll blasted a hat-trick as Royston gained revenge for their 7-1 defeat at Leighton earlier in the season by clinching an emphatic 5-1 victory. In a fairly even first half Royston turned good pressu
Royston Ladies II 5 Leighton Buzzard III 1
ALI Carroll blasted a hat-trick as Royston gained revenge for their 7-1 defeat at Leighton earlier in the season by clinching an emphatic 5-1 victory.
In a fairly even first half Royston turned good pressure into a 2-0 lead with goals from Wendy Finlay and Carroll.
Shortly into the second half the visitors scored on the break before Royston turned on the style and played arguably their best hockey of the season with slick passing and total dominance of possession.
You may also want to watch:
Player-of-the-match, Carroll, worked tirelessly on the right, scoring twice to complete her treble before Jules Fuller rounded off the scoring to complete a successful afternoon for the hosts.
South Herts Ladies 6 Royston Ladies 1
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Cambs and Essex academy trust wins prestigious award
- 5 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 6 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Hospitality Action Day: Some of your favourite local pubs, restaurants and cafés
- 9 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 10 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
ROYSTON were hit for six at South Herts on Saturday. From the start of the game South Herts stamped their authority with a quick goal.
Royston settled with good battling from Denise Underwood and Sarah Buckerfield to equaliser.
In an attempt to clear the ball from the D, Royston's defence was left scrambling and this resulted in deflections to give South Herts another two goals.
In the second half Royston were left without Alex Meredith-Hardy due to injury, and despite a good performance from Ruth Askham, the home side added two more goals to wrap things up.
Stevenage Ladies IV 0 Royston Ladies III 2
THIS was a crucial match for Royston as Stevenage were only one place below them in the table.
The hosts started strongly from the start and 20 minutes into the game Rosie Polge made a long run down the right wing to pass in to her mum Heather Polge who connected perfectly into the Stevenage goal.
The second half saw Royston continuing the pressure and the forwards surged forward and a strike at goal by Tash Greenstein came off the keepers pads and Lisa Thompson collected the free ball to put the home side 2-0 up.
Royston were put under some pressure the last 10 minutes of the game but good defending and good goalkeeping from stand in goalkeeper Helen Miles kept the Stevenage attack at bay.