Noble effort sets Royston on their way
Stevenage V 1 Royston IV 5 ALTHOUGH Royston had the majority of possession and enjoyed the territorial advantage throughout the first-half the Stevenage defence held firm until just before half-time. Perry Noble broke the deadlock with a brilliantly tak
Stevenage V 1 Royston IV 5
ALTHOUGH Royston had the majority of possession and enjoyed the territorial advantage throughout the first-half the Stevenage defence held firm until just before half-time.
Perry Noble broke the deadlock with a brilliantly taken goal from right midfield and then Nick Broadley made it two with a well-struck shot.
Apart from a defensive error early in the second-half which allowed Stevenage briefly back into the game, the second-half was again dominated by Royston.
You may also want to watch:
Stephen Priest continued to launch attacks down the right and linked well with Perry and Carl Taylor.
Keith Markham got on the scoresheet twice, and Nathen Capay completed the victory.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Royal Ascot: ones to watch on final day
- 9 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 10 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
Royston V 3 Stevenage VI 0
A STRONG performance from the start put Royston in a good position to notch up another fine win against Stevenage on Saturday.
Royston took the lead with a well-worked move up the field to find Steve Gourd, who scored with a fine solo effort.
Royston's defence held strong and with the midfield controlling most of the match, Gourd grabbed another.
John Sussex scored Royston's third from a well-worked short corner, and Richard Bowen was awarded man-of-the-match.