Noble effort sets Royston on their way
Stevenage V 1 Royston IV 5 ALTHOUGH Royston had the majority of possession and enjoyed the territorial advantage throughout the first-half the Stevenage defence held firm until just before half-time. Perry Noble broke the deadlock with a brilliantly tak
Stevenage V 1 Royston IV 5
ALTHOUGH Royston had the majority of possession and enjoyed the territorial advantage throughout the first-half the Stevenage defence held firm until just before half-time.
Perry Noble broke the deadlock with a brilliantly taken goal from right midfield and then Nick Broadley made it two with a well-struck shot.
Apart from a defensive error early in the second-half which allowed Stevenage briefly back into the game, the second-half was again dominated by Royston.
You may also want to watch:
Stephen Priest continued to launch attacks down the right and linked well with Perry and Carl Taylor.
Keith Markham got on the scoresheet twice, and Nathen Capay completed the victory.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 6 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 7 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 8 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
Royston V 3 Stevenage VI 0
A STRONG performance from the start put Royston in a good position to notch up another fine win against Stevenage on Saturday.
Royston took the lead with a well-worked move up the field to find Steve Gourd, who scored with a fine solo effort.
Royston's defence held strong and with the midfield controlling most of the match, Gourd grabbed another.
John Sussex scored Royston's third from a well-worked short corner, and Richard Bowen was awarded man-of-the-match.