Noble effort sets Royston on their way
Stevenage V 1 Royston IV 5 ALTHOUGH Royston had the majority of possession and enjoyed the territorial advantage throughout the first-half the Stevenage defence held firm until just before half-time. Perry Noble broke the deadlock with a brilliantly tak
Stevenage V 1 Royston IV 5
ALTHOUGH Royston had the majority of possession and enjoyed the territorial advantage throughout the first-half the Stevenage defence held firm until just before half-time.
Perry Noble broke the deadlock with a brilliantly taken goal from right midfield and then Nick Broadley made it two with a well-struck shot.
Apart from a defensive error early in the second-half which allowed Stevenage briefly back into the game, the second-half was again dominated by Royston.
Stephen Priest continued to launch attacks down the right and linked well with Perry and Carl Taylor.
Keith Markham got on the scoresheet twice, and Nathen Capay completed the victory.
- 1 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 2 Wanted burglar caught in Grafton Centre with 'hoard of stolen goods'
- 3 Met Office weather: Yellow thunderstorm warning for East of England
- 4 Teen attacked couple with glasses at Royston pub
- 5 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
- 6 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 7 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 8 Pictures of Duxford Summer Air Show 2022 at IWM Duxford
- 9 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 10 Bringing sunshine to our NHS - charity launches match funding to double money
Royston V 3 Stevenage VI 0
A STRONG performance from the start put Royston in a good position to notch up another fine win against Stevenage on Saturday.
Royston took the lead with a well-worked move up the field to find Steve Gourd, who scored with a fine solo effort.
Royston's defence held strong and with the midfield controlling most of the match, Gourd grabbed another.
John Sussex scored Royston's third from a well-worked short corner, and Richard Bowen was awarded man-of-the-match.