Noble effort sets Royston on their way
Stevenage V 1 Royston IV 5 ALTHOUGH Royston had the majority of possession and enjoyed the territorial advantage throughout the first-half the Stevenage defence held firm until just before half-time. Perry Noble broke the deadlock with a brilliantly tak
Stevenage V 1 Royston IV 5
ALTHOUGH Royston had the majority of possession and enjoyed the territorial advantage throughout the first-half the Stevenage defence held firm until just before half-time.
Perry Noble broke the deadlock with a brilliantly taken goal from right midfield and then Nick Broadley made it two with a well-struck shot.
Apart from a defensive error early in the second-half which allowed Stevenage briefly back into the game, the second-half was again dominated by Royston.
Stephen Priest continued to launch attacks down the right and linked well with Perry and Carl Taylor.
Keith Markham got on the scoresheet twice, and Nathen Capay completed the victory.
- 1 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 2 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 3 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 4 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 5 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 6 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 7 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 8 Imperial War Museums launches first ever IWM Live event at Duxford this year
- 9 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 10 Town's biggest employer pays tribute to late F John Smith's 'vision and commitment'
Royston V 3 Stevenage VI 0
A STRONG performance from the start put Royston in a good position to notch up another fine win against Stevenage on Saturday.
Royston took the lead with a well-worked move up the field to find Steve Gourd, who scored with a fine solo effort.
Royston's defence held strong and with the midfield controlling most of the match, Gourd grabbed another.
John Sussex scored Royston's third from a well-worked short corner, and Richard Bowen was awarded man-of-the-match.