Noades' set-pieces finish off Symonds Green
Royston Town Colts 7 Symonds Green 2 Under-12s Division Three ROYSTON Town Colts won this game 7-2 mainly due to some excellent corner taking by man-of-the-match Alfie Noades.It was from a Noades corner that Bradley Calvert opened the scoring with a fant
Royston Town Colts 7 Symonds Green 2
Under-12s Division Three
ROYSTON Town Colts won this game 7-2 mainly due to some excellent corner taking by man-of-the-match Alfie Noades.
It was from a Noades corner that Bradley Calvert opened the scoring with a fantastic header and the lead was doubled when a corner from Calvert was headed in by Jimi Smith before Noades himself made it 3-0 direct from another corner.
You may also want to watch:
Just before half time Calvert made it four for his side after a shot from Cameron Smith had been saved by the 'keeper.
Early in the second half another superb Noades corner set up Jordan Howe who made it five before Symonds Green pulled a goal back with a good finish.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 9 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 10 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
Within five minutes Howe had made it six following some good work from Smith only for the away side to pull a disputed goal back to make it 6-2.
The home side had the last word, however, when Cameron Smith scored with a cool finish to put the game to bed once and for all.
Royston squad: Grimshaw, Mansfield, Toovey, Duncan, Eustace, Mayo, Harris, Calvert, C Smith, Noades, J Smith, Reader, Howe.