Noades' set-pieces finish off Symonds Green
Royston Town Colts 7 Symonds Green 2 Under-12s Division Three ROYSTON Town Colts won this game 7-2 mainly due to some excellent corner taking by man-of-the-match Alfie Noades.It was from a Noades corner that Bradley Calvert opened the scoring with a fant
Royston Town Colts 7 Symonds Green 2
Under-12s Division Three
ROYSTON Town Colts won this game 7-2 mainly due to some excellent corner taking by man-of-the-match Alfie Noades.
It was from a Noades corner that Bradley Calvert opened the scoring with a fantastic header and the lead was doubled when a corner from Calvert was headed in by Jimi Smith before Noades himself made it 3-0 direct from another corner.
Just before half time Calvert made it four for his side after a shot from Cameron Smith had been saved by the 'keeper.
Early in the second half another superb Noades corner set up Jordan Howe who made it five before Symonds Green pulled a goal back with a good finish.
- 1 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 2 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 3 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 4 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 5 Meldreth mental health cancer support charity appoints first patron
- 6 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
- 7 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 8 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 9 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 10 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
Within five minutes Howe had made it six following some good work from Smith only for the away side to pull a disputed goal back to make it 6-2.
The home side had the last word, however, when Cameron Smith scored with a cool finish to put the game to bed once and for all.
Royston squad: Grimshaw, Mansfield, Toovey, Duncan, Eustace, Mayo, Harris, Calvert, C Smith, Noades, J Smith, Reader, Howe.