No joy for Royston as Netherall ease in
Royston 21 Netherall 43 ROYSTON slipped to defeat against their old rivals Netherall. They have never beaten Netherall, and the visitors dominated every quarter. The first period started slowly for Royston although the excellent Anna Pinner limited the
Royston 21 Netherall 43
ROYSTON slipped to defeat against their old rivals Netherall.
They have never beaten Netherall, and the visitors dominated every quarter.
The first period started slowly for Royston although the excellent Anna Pinner limited the Netherall scoring rate with a tough defensive performance.
You may also want to watch:
Natalie Williams joined the second quarter action, coming on into the centre of the court to help the ball on to the waiting Royston attack.
And it was a quarter that the hosts fought extremely hard in and improved on the first quarter score to trail 21-13.
- 1 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 2 Local Election 2021 results: NHDC leader loses seat
- 3 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 4 Local Election 2021: Counting starts for North Herts council
- 5 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 6 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 7 Promising Young Woman review: Carey Mulligan shines in Emerald Fennell's outstanding movie
- 8 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 9 Who is standing in Royston Town Council Meridian ward election?
- 10 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
The third and fourth quarters saw some changes in the Royston line-up, with Carol Parcell and Karen Hume coming on.
And the defence, of player-of-the-match Pinner, Jo Moxham, and Emma Higton, had to work tirelessly as the Netherall attack grew stronger and their accurate shooting saw them to a comfortable win.
Karen Hume said: "Despite Royston suffering a few losses lately, we are still midway up the table.
"The main thing is that we are still holding our own in this higher league."
Royston: Moxham, Pinner, Higton, Parcell, Williams, Huttleston, Hume, Stimpson, Kelly.