No joy for Royston as Netherall ease in
Royston 21 Netherall 43 ROYSTON slipped to defeat against their old rivals Netherall. They have never beaten Netherall, and the visitors dominated every quarter. The first period started slowly for Royston although the excellent Anna Pinner limited the
Royston 21 Netherall 43
ROYSTON slipped to defeat against their old rivals Netherall.
They have never beaten Netherall, and the visitors dominated every quarter.
The first period started slowly for Royston although the excellent Anna Pinner limited the Netherall scoring rate with a tough defensive performance.
You may also want to watch:
Natalie Williams joined the second quarter action, coming on into the centre of the court to help the ball on to the waiting Royston attack.
And it was a quarter that the hosts fought extremely hard in and improved on the first quarter score to trail 21-13.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 10 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
The third and fourth quarters saw some changes in the Royston line-up, with Carol Parcell and Karen Hume coming on.
And the defence, of player-of-the-match Pinner, Jo Moxham, and Emma Higton, had to work tirelessly as the Netherall attack grew stronger and their accurate shooting saw them to a comfortable win.
Karen Hume said: "Despite Royston suffering a few losses lately, we are still midway up the table.
"The main thing is that we are still holding our own in this higher league."
Royston: Moxham, Pinner, Higton, Parcell, Williams, Huttleston, Hume, Stimpson, Kelly.