No joy for Royston as Netherall ease in
Royston 21 Netherall 43 ROYSTON slipped to defeat against their old rivals Netherall. They have never beaten Netherall, and the visitors dominated every quarter. The first period started slowly for Royston although the excellent Anna Pinner limited the
Royston 21 Netherall 43
ROYSTON slipped to defeat against their old rivals Netherall.
They have never beaten Netherall, and the visitors dominated every quarter.
The first period started slowly for Royston although the excellent Anna Pinner limited the Netherall scoring rate with a tough defensive performance.
You may also want to watch:
Natalie Williams joined the second quarter action, coming on into the centre of the court to help the ball on to the waiting Royston attack.
And it was a quarter that the hosts fought extremely hard in and improved on the first quarter score to trail 21-13.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 5 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 6 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 7 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 8 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 9 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 10 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
The third and fourth quarters saw some changes in the Royston line-up, with Carol Parcell and Karen Hume coming on.
And the defence, of player-of-the-match Pinner, Jo Moxham, and Emma Higton, had to work tirelessly as the Netherall attack grew stronger and their accurate shooting saw them to a comfortable win.
Karen Hume said: "Despite Royston suffering a few losses lately, we are still midway up the table.
"The main thing is that we are still holding our own in this higher league."
Royston: Moxham, Pinner, Higton, Parcell, Williams, Huttleston, Hume, Stimpson, Kelly.