Nine and easy for Melbourn
Haslingfield Reserves 0 Melbourn Reserves 9 FOLLOWING on from last week s historic victory, Melbourn racked up the sort of scoreline they have been on receiving end of in recent seasons, as they put nine goals past Haslingfield. Melbourn started as they m
Haslingfield Reserves 0 Melbourn Reserves 9
FOLLOWING on from last week's historic victory, Melbourn racked up the sort of scoreline they have been on receiving end of in recent seasons, as they put nine goals past Haslingfield.
Melbourn started as they meant to go on, with the majority of possession and Haslingfield rarely getting the ball out of their half.
It took until 25 minutes on the watch though for the avalanche of goals to begin.
Tom Walker chipped a free kick into the box, Kris Watters helped it on and Drew Harrington followed up to bundle the ball in.
Five minutes, Melbourn made it two, Andrew Morris found Russell Cooper wide on the right and Harrington was in the right place to turn in the low cross at the far post.
- 1 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 2 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 3 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 4 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 5 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 6 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 7 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 8 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 9 Imperial War Museums launches first ever IWM Live event at Duxford this year
- 10 Gripping retelling of Blood Brothers coming to the ADC Theatre in Cambridge
The visitors grew in confidence but failed to add to the score line before halftime.
Soon after the restart Watters grabbed number three after Stephen Edwards was unlucky to hit a post following a good Melbourn move down the left.
Minutes later, Edwards was rewarded with a goal, collecting Andrew Morris's terrific 60 yard pass and smashing the ball home from close range.
On the hour, Edwards made it 5-0 with a simple header from Simon Carse's corner with Cooper driving home an unstoppable right foot shot three minutes later.
With 10 minutes remaining, Watters challenged the Haslingfield 'keeper and was first to react to the loose ball to tap in his second and Melbourn's seventh.
Before the final whistle, Watters and Edwards helped themselves to another goal each to round off an emphatic win.
- Melbourn's first team came out on top in a 12 goal thriller at The Moor.
A hat-trick from Andy Richardson, two from Mark Williams and goals from Michael Wagstaff and Jason Gray helped Melbourn to their first win of the season as they beat Hardwick Reserves 7-5.