Nine and easy for Melbourn
Haslingfield Reserves 0 Melbourn Reserves 9 FOLLOWING on from last week s historic victory, Melbourn racked up the sort of scoreline they have been on receiving end of in recent seasons, as they put nine goals past Haslingfield. Melbourn started as they m
Haslingfield Reserves 0 Melbourn Reserves 9
FOLLOWING on from last week's historic victory, Melbourn racked up the sort of scoreline they have been on receiving end of in recent seasons, as they put nine goals past Haslingfield.
Melbourn started as they meant to go on, with the majority of possession and Haslingfield rarely getting the ball out of their half.
It took until 25 minutes on the watch though for the avalanche of goals to begin.
You may also want to watch:
Tom Walker chipped a free kick into the box, Kris Watters helped it on and Drew Harrington followed up to bundle the ball in.
Five minutes, Melbourn made it two, Andrew Morris found Russell Cooper wide on the right and Harrington was in the right place to turn in the low cross at the far post.
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 6 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 7 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 8 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
The visitors grew in confidence but failed to add to the score line before halftime.
Soon after the restart Watters grabbed number three after Stephen Edwards was unlucky to hit a post following a good Melbourn move down the left.
Minutes later, Edwards was rewarded with a goal, collecting Andrew Morris's terrific 60 yard pass and smashing the ball home from close range.
On the hour, Edwards made it 5-0 with a simple header from Simon Carse's corner with Cooper driving home an unstoppable right foot shot three minutes later.
With 10 minutes remaining, Watters challenged the Haslingfield 'keeper and was first to react to the loose ball to tap in his second and Melbourn's seventh.
Before the final whistle, Watters and Edwards helped themselves to another goal each to round off an emphatic win.
- Melbourn's first team came out on top in a 12 goal thriller at The Moor.
A hat-trick from Andy Richardson, two from Mark Williams and goals from Michael Wagstaff and Jason Gray helped Melbourn to their first win of the season as they beat Hardwick Reserves 7-5.