Nicholson’s goal sets up Templars for win
Bishops Stortford Youth Blues 0 Baldock Town Youth Templars U-11 3 Templars returned from the trip to Stortford with the Crow League points, on Sunday. The visitors got off to a dream start. Mark Rogers won the ball on the left. His cross was cleared but
Bishops Stortford Youth Blues 0
Baldock Town Youth Templars U-11 3
Templars returned from the trip to Stortford with the Crow League points, on Sunday.
The visitors got off to a dream start. Mark Rogers won the ball on the left. His cross was cleared but only as far as Matthew Judges, who cut the ball back to William Budd. Budd's shot was saved but as it rebounded Nicholson was following in to head the opening goal inside two minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Three minutes later Rodgers came close to scoring after more fine work by Judges on the right.
Baldock extended the lead after 20 minutes, with Rogers again involved, his shot was saved but George Higginson followed up to put the rebound in the net.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 6 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 7 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 8 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 9 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
The Blues looked about to pull one back but an excellent save by goalie Sam Kendle stopped a one on one situation. Just before half-time Baldock made the move of the game. Elodie Blanchfield's goal kick was passed on by Jordan Massey, who had an outstanding game in defence, to Judges, and he pushed the ball out wide to Nicholson on the half way line. Nicholson outstripped the Blues defence but his cracking shot hit the crossbar and flew over.
Baldock carried on attacking in the second half with long range shots from Alex Close and Oliver Foster cleared. Then Ryan Savage played a great ball through to Higginson whose shot was saved, but Nicholson looked certain to score as he hit the rebound into the corner.
The resulting save at full stretch from the Blues keeper brought applause from both sets of supporters.
Baldock finally wrapped up the points when Budd and Nicholson combined to put Mark Rogers through to score their third.