New Greneway team start with a victory
- Credit: Archant
Following the excitement of starting a new school Greneway’s new Year 5s now also have the added excitement of coming together as the latest Greneway football team.
With seven district football titles last season across the school the new cohort were aiming high and hoping to add to this year’s tally.
Their debuts came in the North East Herts League at home against St Thomas of Canterbury.
Greneway ran out as 4-1 winners to start their season in some style.
They led 3-0 at half-time thanks to goals from Joel McCormack, Kaleb Cooke and Dominic Longland.
You may also want to watch:
St Thomas made it 3-1 in the second half before Josh McMurrough hit Greneway’s fourth to round off a fine game played in a wonderful spirit.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 5 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 8 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 9 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
- 10 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?