New fitness regime has Royston eyeing promotion
Royston rugby club 1st XV are already well into their pre-season schedule and look to be doing everything they can to give themselves the best possible chance when the new campaign takes off at home on September 13 against Barnet Elizabethans.
With the help of Fighting Fit director David Ayliff, the first team players are being put through their paces on a 10-week programme combining all aspects of the game.
First team captain Damo Fouracres said: “Last season there were a number of games that went right down to the wire and on another day could have gone our way. As a result we’ve made it a priority this year to ensure we are ready physically and mentally from the first whistle to the last and we’re definitely going about it the right way.
“Working with Fighting Fit director David means the sessions are concise and well-structured and enable us to get the most out of them.”
When asked about the team’s chances next year, he added”: There is a real buzz around the club and I think everyone would agree promotion is the aim.
You may also want to watch:
The pre-season games start on Saturday, August 23 against followed by a trip to Wanstead seven days later.
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 6 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 7 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 8 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show