New club all ready to open
BUNTINGFORD S new tennis club is set to open next month. The opening event is on Sunday, March 23rd at 10am on the newly re-surfaced courts on Bowling Green Road. It is open to families with tots tennis, mini tennis and junior and adult games, all organ
BUNTINGFORD'S new tennis club is set to open next month.
The opening event is on Sunday, March 23rd at 10am on the newly re-surfaced courts on Bowling Green Road.
It is open to families with tots tennis, mini tennis and junior and adult games, all organised by Modern Tennis' John Littleford and LTA Tactics Coaches Liz Wade and Tracy Llewellyn.
Liz Wade said: "The tennis club will use the multi-sport area which was re-surfaced with two artificial sand filled courts and one with a polymeric surface, by the Buntingford Town Council last year.
You may also want to watch:
"New nets and posts have been bought and a storage bin erected to house them when they are not in use. We're welcoming all prospective members to come down and start playing tennis in Buntingford."
There will be a Tuesday club night and a Sunday morning programme.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 4 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 5 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 6 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 9 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
A full programme of coaching, junior and adult practices will also be set up.
The Tennis Club also have plans to build three covered courts and a clubhouse on land on the Edwinstree School and at present are negotiating a lease from Herts County Council.
For more information contact Liz Wade on 01763 273646 or John Littleford on 07958 348097.