New club all ready to open
BUNTINGFORD S new tennis club is set to open next month. The opening event is on Sunday, March 23rd at 10am on the newly re-surfaced courts on Bowling Green Road. It is open to families with tots tennis, mini tennis and junior and adult games, all organ
BUNTINGFORD'S new tennis club is set to open next month.
The opening event is on Sunday, March 23rd at 10am on the newly re-surfaced courts on Bowling Green Road.
It is open to families with tots tennis, mini tennis and junior and adult games, all organised by Modern Tennis' John Littleford and LTA Tactics Coaches Liz Wade and Tracy Llewellyn.
Liz Wade said: "The tennis club will use the multi-sport area which was re-surfaced with two artificial sand filled courts and one with a polymeric surface, by the Buntingford Town Council last year.
"New nets and posts have been bought and a storage bin erected to house them when they are not in use. We're welcoming all prospective members to come down and start playing tennis in Buntingford."
There will be a Tuesday club night and a Sunday morning programme.
- 1 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 2 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 3 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 4 MPs respond to lockdown drinks party scandal
- 5 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure
- 6 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 7 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 8 Town's biggest employer pays tribute to late F John Smith's 'vision and commitment'
- 9 West Side Story and The Lost Daughter coming to Royston Picture Palace screen
- 10 Town pays tribute to 'Mr Royston' who made huge contribution to community
A full programme of coaching, junior and adult practices will also be set up.
The Tennis Club also have plans to build three covered courts and a clubhouse on land on the Edwinstree School and at present are negotiating a lease from Herts County Council.
For more information contact Liz Wade on 01763 273646 or John Littleford on 07958 348097.