New club all ready to open
BUNTINGFORD S new tennis club is set to open next month. The opening event is on Sunday, March 23rd at 10am on the newly re-surfaced courts on Bowling Green Road. It is open to families with tots tennis, mini tennis and junior and adult games, all organ
BUNTINGFORD'S new tennis club is set to open next month.
The opening event is on Sunday, March 23rd at 10am on the newly re-surfaced courts on Bowling Green Road.
It is open to families with tots tennis, mini tennis and junior and adult games, all organised by Modern Tennis' John Littleford and LTA Tactics Coaches Liz Wade and Tracy Llewellyn.
Liz Wade said: "The tennis club will use the multi-sport area which was re-surfaced with two artificial sand filled courts and one with a polymeric surface, by the Buntingford Town Council last year.
"New nets and posts have been bought and a storage bin erected to house them when they are not in use. We're welcoming all prospective members to come down and start playing tennis in Buntingford."
There will be a Tuesday club night and a Sunday morning programme.
- 1 Fowlmere residents voice objections to housing development
- 2 Tesco Community Garden to hold weekend celebration
- 3 School to make 'wide-ranging changes' following Ofsted inspection
- 4 Chancellor and health secretary dramatically quit
- 5 Health at the Hub project launched in Melbourn
- 6 Kite Festival set to return to Royston next month
- 7 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 8 Cambridge Summer Music Festival 2022 brings world-class classical performers to Cambridgeshire
- 9 Citizens Advice: What to do if you have issues with delayed or cancelled flights
- 10 Chief of staff Steve Barclay replaces Sajid Javid as health secretary
A full programme of coaching, junior and adult practices will also be set up.
The Tennis Club also have plans to build three covered courts and a clubhouse on land on the Edwinstree School and at present are negotiating a lease from Herts County Council.
For more information contact Liz Wade on 01763 273646 or John Littleford on 07958 348097.