New captains at Royston Golf Club as course re-opens after restrictions
- Credit: Archant
Golfers have made their return to the fairways and greens at Royston Golf Club – and it coincides with a new captain being elected.
All courses across England were closed during the four weeks of government restrictions but access was granted again yesterday (Wednesday).
But while the course was closed at the Therfield Heath-based club, the AGM was held with Darren Ellis being named the new men’s captain.
He will be in the role for a year and looks forward to steering the club what will hopefully be a trouble-free 12 months.
He has been a member of RGC for a number of years and has been a committee member for three. Last year saw him serve as vice-captain to Alan Greenbank with both working hard to steer the club through the pandemic.
You may also want to watch:
Other key appointments at the AGM included Sandy Griffin as lady captain for a second year and Roger Craigen as senior’s captain.
- 1 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 2 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 3 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 4 Trial date changed for killer of children's author accused of wife's murder
- 5 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 6 NHS Trust says vaccine figures offer hope as 40 per cent of Lister's patients have COVID-19
- 7 Hare coursers damaged farmer's crops in escape bid
- 8 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 9 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 10 Thriplow's Baroness Boothroyd slams government vaccine strategy