New captains at Royston Golf Club as course re-opens after restrictions
- Credit: Archant
Golfers have made their return to the fairways and greens at Royston Golf Club – and it coincides with a new captain being elected.
All courses across England were closed during the four weeks of government restrictions but access was granted again yesterday (Wednesday).
But while the course was closed at the Therfield Heath-based club, the AGM was held with Darren Ellis being named the new men’s captain.
He will be in the role for a year and looks forward to steering the club what will hopefully be a trouble-free 12 months.
He has been a member of RGC for a number of years and has been a committee member for three. Last year saw him serve as vice-captain to Alan Greenbank with both working hard to steer the club through the pandemic.
You may also want to watch:
Other key appointments at the AGM included Sandy Griffin as lady captain for a second year and Roger Craigen as senior’s captain.
- 1 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 2 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 5 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 6 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 7 Commissioner to grill Herts Police chief over stalking powers 'failure'
- 8 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Fabulous Foodies Festival is good to go at Cambridge this summer
- 10 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts