New captains at Royston Golf Club as course re-opens after restrictions
- Credit: Archant
Golfers have made their return to the fairways and greens at Royston Golf Club – and it coincides with a new captain being elected.
All courses across England were closed during the four weeks of government restrictions but access was granted again yesterday (Wednesday).
But while the course was closed at the Therfield Heath-based club, the AGM was held with Darren Ellis being named the new men’s captain.
He will be in the role for a year and looks forward to steering the club what will hopefully be a trouble-free 12 months.
He has been a member of RGC for a number of years and has been a committee member for three. Last year saw him serve as vice-captain to Alan Greenbank with both working hard to steer the club through the pandemic.
You may also want to watch:
Other key appointments at the AGM included Sandy Griffin as lady captain for a second year and Roger Craigen as senior’s captain.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 6 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 7 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms