Netball - Net loss for Royston
Despite losing their final game 36-31 against Jets, Royston Netball Club achieved finished second in the Cambridge County League, It was their highest placing ever, and they only narrowly missed out on the top spot. The season saw a great team effort, t
Despite losing their final game 36-31 against Jets, Royston Netball Club achieved finished second in the Cambridge County League,
It was their highest placing ever, and they only narrowly missed out on the top spot.
The season saw a great team effort, the defensive team of Jo Moxham, Anna Pinner, Jackie Huttlestone and Emma Highton proved difficult to beat.
The attacking unit of Natalie Williams, Karen Hume, Carol Parcel, Tracy Stimpson and Emma Kelly provided one of the league's toughest offences.
With a depleted team against Jets, Royston rushed into a five goal lead thanks to some good shooting from Kelly and Stimpson, before Jets recovered to lead 10-8 going into the final break.
The second and third quarters saw some great defending from Jo Moxham and Anna Pinner, but despite their efforts Royston went into the final period down by six, and they were only able to reduce the arrears by one in the last quarter.
- 1 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 2 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 3 Teen attacked couple with glasses at Royston pub
- 4 Pictures of Duxford Summer Air Show 2022 at IWM Duxford
- 5 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
- 6 Wanted burglar caught in Grafton Centre with 'hoard of stolen goods'
- 7 Bringing sunshine to our NHS - charity launches match funding to double money
- 8 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 9 Royston Town happy to be a breeding ground if it helps their own progression
- 10 Careless driver was 'using phone' when she killed Cambridge cyclist
Royston will now go onto the Hertfordshire Summer League where they are now in the first division after promotion last year.