Netball - Net loss for Royston
Despite losing their final game 36-31 against Jets, Royston Netball Club achieved finished second in the Cambridge County League, It was their highest placing ever, and they only narrowly missed out on the top spot. The season saw a great team effort, t
Despite losing their final game 36-31 against Jets, Royston Netball Club achieved finished second in the Cambridge County League,
It was their highest placing ever, and they only narrowly missed out on the top spot.
The season saw a great team effort, the defensive team of Jo Moxham, Anna Pinner, Jackie Huttlestone and Emma Highton proved difficult to beat.
The attacking unit of Natalie Williams, Karen Hume, Carol Parcel, Tracy Stimpson and Emma Kelly provided one of the league's toughest offences.
You may also want to watch:
With a depleted team against Jets, Royston rushed into a five goal lead thanks to some good shooting from Kelly and Stimpson, before Jets recovered to lead 10-8 going into the final break.
The second and third quarters saw some great defending from Jo Moxham and Anna Pinner, but despite their efforts Royston went into the final period down by six, and they were only able to reduce the arrears by one in the last quarter.
- 1 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 2 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 3 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 4 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 5 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 9 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 10 Cooling caps appeal to reduce chemo patients' hair loss
Royston will now go onto the Hertfordshire Summer League where they are now in the first division after promotion last year.