Netball - Net loss for Royston
Despite losing their final game 36-31 against Jets, Royston Netball Club achieved finished second in the Cambridge County League, It was their highest placing ever, and they only narrowly missed out on the top spot. The season saw a great team effort, t
Despite losing their final game 36-31 against Jets, Royston Netball Club achieved finished second in the Cambridge County League,
It was their highest placing ever, and they only narrowly missed out on the top spot.
The season saw a great team effort, the defensive team of Jo Moxham, Anna Pinner, Jackie Huttlestone and Emma Highton proved difficult to beat.
The attacking unit of Natalie Williams, Karen Hume, Carol Parcel, Tracy Stimpson and Emma Kelly provided one of the league's toughest offences.
You may also want to watch:
With a depleted team against Jets, Royston rushed into a five goal lead thanks to some good shooting from Kelly and Stimpson, before Jets recovered to lead 10-8 going into the final break.
The second and third quarters saw some great defending from Jo Moxham and Anna Pinner, but despite their efforts Royston went into the final period down by six, and they were only able to reduce the arrears by one in the last quarter.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 6 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 7 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
Royston will now go onto the Hertfordshire Summer League where they are now in the first division after promotion last year.