Neighbours take the bragging rights
Royston 12 Stevenage II 13 THE Crows found themselves edged out in a tight game on Saturday (November 25). Despite the hosts showing eight changes from their previous game, they took an early lead when Sam Newson put Ali Williams away to score on his retu
Royston 12 Stevenage II 13
THE Crows found themselves edged out in a tight game on Saturday (November 25).
Despite the hosts showing eight changes from their previous game, they took an early lead when Sam Newson put Ali Williams away to score on his return to the first team.
With the Royston forwards disrupting Stevenage's scrum at every opportunity, they doubled their lead when some strong direct running by the forwards put JasonTurks away for a rare try.
You may also want to watch:
Stevenage hit back with a couple of tries of their own due to some weak tackling.
After the break, with the wind at their backs Royston should have put the game away but it was Stevenage who came out stronger.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 5 Say this secret phrase and get a free pint for the first game of the Euros
- 6 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 7 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 8 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start
- 9 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 10 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
Young Jack Hoye came onto the wing to replace Williams for his first team debut and had an excellent game nearly scoring in the corner.
The visitors produced a strong second half performance, and with four minutes remaining, they were awarded a penalty. One touch judge waved it over, while the other did not, and the referee gave Stevenage the benefit of the doubt as they snatched victory.