And the new! Maggie Brown claims national title for Royston Rockets BMX Club
- Credit: Archant
Royston Rockets BMX club have a national champion in their ranks after Elizabeth Brown clinched the crown in the female 11-year class.
Brown, known to all as Maggie, led a fantastic trip to Derby for the championship with the Burns Road-based club supplying 27 riders among the almost 1,300 other competitors.
This was the largest number of riders they have had taking part and aside from Brown there was plenty of other success stories on the international standard track that was running fast and smooth.
Josh Abbott finished fourth in the cruiser 13-14 year category, just missing the podium in a photo-finish, while Joshua Izzard took fifth in the 15-year-old male class.
Harriet Alexander was seventh in the female 15-years and James King eighth in the junior men 17-18 year class.
You may also want to watch:
The Rockets next big event is on Sunday when they host the BMX East Regional Championship.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 3 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 7 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 10 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes