National success for Royston Bowls Club
- Credit: Archant
Royston Bowls Club triumphed in more national competitions this week.
Brian Pepper and Don Sheriff beat D and P Willingson 18-17 while in the National Senior Singles second round, Laurie Ramsay beat Peter Roseblade of Baldock 21-19.
In the County Fours, Peter Archer, Cliff Moore, Gwyn Hardwicke and Don Sheriff were narrowly beaten by Baldock 17-14.
In the Letchworth and District pairs, Will Martin and Stan Whitehouse won convincingly 29-12 against Howard Garden.
The MDL teams had mixed success, drawing two rinks each against Gamlingay.
You may also want to watch:
Alan Warner, Maureen Gisby and skip Keith Dockree won 15-14 on the last end after a very close match while skip Eileen Hyde led Charles Bowyer and Nigel Woor to a convincing 20-10 victory.
Royston won both friendly games at the weekend.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 3 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
Firstly, at home to Allenbury, high scoring resulted in a 113-65 victory for the hosts. Away to Letchworth Garden City, Royston produced a 86-65 win.
The Bank Holiday Club Gala triples saw 36 players fighting for the title.
Joan Knight, Jill Goode and Derek Goodwin won with a terrific score of 34 shots.