National success for Royston Bowls Club
- Credit: Archant
Royston Bowls Club triumphed in more national competitions this week.
Brian Pepper and Don Sheriff beat D and P Willingson 18-17 while in the National Senior Singles second round, Laurie Ramsay beat Peter Roseblade of Baldock 21-19.
In the County Fours, Peter Archer, Cliff Moore, Gwyn Hardwicke and Don Sheriff were narrowly beaten by Baldock 17-14.
In the Letchworth and District pairs, Will Martin and Stan Whitehouse won convincingly 29-12 against Howard Garden.
The MDL teams had mixed success, drawing two rinks each against Gamlingay.
You may also want to watch:
Alan Warner, Maureen Gisby and skip Keith Dockree won 15-14 on the last end after a very close match while skip Eileen Hyde led Charles Bowyer and Nigel Woor to a convincing 20-10 victory.
Royston won both friendly games at the weekend.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 7 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 8 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Strictly Come Dancing champion to Dial M for Murder in Cambridge
Firstly, at home to Allenbury, high scoring resulted in a 113-65 victory for the hosts. Away to Letchworth Garden City, Royston produced a 86-65 win.
The Bank Holiday Club Gala triples saw 36 players fighting for the title.
Joan Knight, Jill Goode and Derek Goodwin won with a terrific score of 34 shots.