National medal for Melbourn Judo Club junior
- Credit: Archant
DINA Parcel picked up her first national medal in the British Judo Championships for 10-12-year-olds on Sunday in Kidderminster.
Six of Melbourn Judo Club’s most promising youngsters formed their largest team for a national event in recent memory. Girls Katrina Scales, Dina Parcel and Amelia Oberhouser and boys Miles Blackwell, Lucas Blackwell and Jacob Hanson formed the team, pictured below.
At just 10-years-old, Lucas was one of the youngest and lightest in his group. He won one fight and was not outclassed in his others.
Jacob had some good performances to finish in seventh place.
Miles, Amelia and Katrina found it tough going, but all were inspired to train harder and learned a lot from the experience.
You may also want to watch:
Earlier this month Imogen Ranner and Emma Reid won gold medals at the British ranking, Heart of England event in Walsall.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 3 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 4 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 5 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 10 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts