National medal for Melbourn Judo Club junior
- Credit: Archant
DINA Parcel picked up her first national medal in the British Judo Championships for 10-12-year-olds on Sunday in Kidderminster.
Six of Melbourn Judo Club’s most promising youngsters formed their largest team for a national event in recent memory. Girls Katrina Scales, Dina Parcel and Amelia Oberhouser and boys Miles Blackwell, Lucas Blackwell and Jacob Hanson formed the team, pictured below.
At just 10-years-old, Lucas was one of the youngest and lightest in his group. He won one fight and was not outclassed in his others.
Jacob had some good performances to finish in seventh place.
Miles, Amelia and Katrina found it tough going, but all were inspired to train harder and learned a lot from the experience.
You may also want to watch:
Earlier this month Imogen Ranner and Emma Reid won gold medals at the British ranking, Heart of England event in Walsall.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Strictly Come Dancing champion to Dial M for Murder in Cambridge