National medal for Melbourn Judo Club junior
- Credit: Archant
DINA Parcel picked up her first national medal in the British Judo Championships for 10-12-year-olds on Sunday in Kidderminster.
Six of Melbourn Judo Club’s most promising youngsters formed their largest team for a national event in recent memory. Girls Katrina Scales, Dina Parcel and Amelia Oberhouser and boys Miles Blackwell, Lucas Blackwell and Jacob Hanson formed the team, pictured below.
At just 10-years-old, Lucas was one of the youngest and lightest in his group. He won one fight and was not outclassed in his others.
Jacob had some good performances to finish in seventh place.
Miles, Amelia and Katrina found it tough going, but all were inspired to train harder and learned a lot from the experience.
Earlier this month Imogen Ranner and Emma Reid won gold medals at the British ranking, Heart of England event in Walsall.
- 1 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 2 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 3 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 4 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 5 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 6 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 7 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 8 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 9 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure
- 10 Town pays tribute to 'Mr Royston' who made huge contribution to community