Narrow defeat for first team at Great Shelford
Royston Tennis Club teams played further rounds in the Cambs and Herts LTA leagues over the last week. First out were the mixed adult first team as the quartet of John Holmes, Pru Burton, Mike Fellingham and Kathy Betts narrowly lost to Gt Shelford V 3-
Royston Tennis Club teams played further rounds in the Cambs and Herts LTA leagues over the last week.
First out were the mixed adult first team as the quartet of John Holmes, Pru Burton, Mike Fellingham and Kathy Betts narrowly lost to Gt Shelford V 3-5.
The mixed third team had to abandon their match at home to Cambourn II due to heavy rain.
The junior under-12 girls' team of Emily Griffin and Bonnie Townsend had a great 3-0 win at home to Hertford.
You may also want to watch:
Not to be outdone, the boys' under-13 first and second teams of Gus Rees, James Lee, Toby Jackson and Leo Picket had 3-0 wins away to Huntingdon and at home to Cottenham's second team.
The boys' under-14 team of Toby Jackson, Ben Place, Isaac Pickett and Sam Clayson did not fare so well losing their match away to Tring 1-5.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 5 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 8 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 9 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 10 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
More details of Royston Tennis Club activities can be found on their website www.royston-tennis.co.uk