Narrow defeat for first team at Great Shelford
Royston Tennis Club teams played further rounds in the Cambs and Herts LTA leagues over the last week. First out were the mixed adult first team as the quartet of John Holmes, Pru Burton, Mike Fellingham and Kathy Betts narrowly lost to Gt Shelford V 3-
Royston Tennis Club teams played further rounds in the Cambs and Herts LTA leagues over the last week.
First out were the mixed adult first team as the quartet of John Holmes, Pru Burton, Mike Fellingham and Kathy Betts narrowly lost to Gt Shelford V 3-5.
The mixed third team had to abandon their match at home to Cambourn II due to heavy rain.
The junior under-12 girls' team of Emily Griffin and Bonnie Townsend had a great 3-0 win at home to Hertford.
You may also want to watch:
Not to be outdone, the boys' under-13 first and second teams of Gus Rees, James Lee, Toby Jackson and Leo Picket had 3-0 wins away to Huntingdon and at home to Cottenham's second team.
The boys' under-14 team of Toby Jackson, Ben Place, Isaac Pickett and Sam Clayson did not fare so well losing their match away to Tring 1-5.
- 1 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 4 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 5 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 6 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 7 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 8 Parents' tribute to caring community as they continue push for new specialist facilities
- 9 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 10 Thatcher returns after 30 years to repair cottage where he met his wife
More details of Royston Tennis Club activities can be found on their website www.royston-tennis.co.uk