More woe for Morden
Steeple Morden 1 Litlington Athletic Res 4 STEEPLE Morden s run of poor form continued as they crashed at home to Litlington. The first half was fairly even with both sides struggling to create clear openings, although headers from Nick Carlton and Marti
Steeple Morden 1
Litlington Athletic Res 4
STEEPLE Morden's run of poor form continued as they crashed at home to Litlington.
The first half was fairly even with both sides struggling to create clear openings, although headers from Nick Carlton and Martin Holt sent Steeple close.
You may also want to watch:
Tim Tidey made a fine low save to his left before a bright attacking move from Steeple culminated in Ben Holt smashing a 20-yard effort just wide.
Corners whipped in by both Martin Holt and Dom Holt caused the visitors problems, but Litlington survived thanks to some desperate defending.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 4 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 5 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 9 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
However, it was the away side that opened the deadlock with one 25-yard effort catching Tidey off his guard.
In the second half, Steeple manager Kenny Watters switched to a 4-4-2 formation and as a result the home side started the second half brightly.
But it was the visitors again who proved the more determined in front of goal, when Steeple skipper Andy Smith's clearance was charged down and slotted home.
Another Litlington breakaway led to a third goal midway through the second half, despite the visitors being reduced to 10 men following an off-the-ball incident.
And Steeple's misery was completed when Litlington grabbed a fourth late on, with a free header from a well-taken corner.
There was however, still time left for Dom Holt to reduce the arrears when he reacted quickest to Martyn Lees' strike off the post.
Steeple Morden: Tidey; Bown, A Smith, Donald, Edey; Carlton, D Holt, M Holt, Lees; Parr, B Holt. (Subs): Collins, K Smith, Pennel.