More trophy success for Royston Bowls Club’s Rachel Tremlett
- Credit: Archant
Sweltering conditions couldn’t stop Royston Bowls Club’s Rachel Tremlett from claiming victory in the club’s own Invitational Open Pairs tournament.
Sponsored by Newlings of Royston, the annual event draws players from around the country to compete for the title as well as cash prizes.
And partnered with Jamie Barker of St Neots, the duo win all four of their short-format rounds with sufficient shots difference to lift the crown.
It has been a good few weeks for Tremlett who, fresh from her senior international debut, has just returned from a fairly impressive visit to the Bowls England National Finals at Royal Leamington Spa.
She was once again in tandem with Devon Cooper of Baldock Town, entering the Junior Pairs not only as defending champions but also as winners of the British Ladies title.
You may also want to watch:
Unfortunately, and despite a fantastic run, they couldn't add a successive title as they lost 23-5 to Hayley Kenny and Jasmie Wilson of Essex in the final.
She was also part of the club's fours, along with Heather Stapleford, Alice Lewis and Jess Eley, that were beaten by Oxfordshire.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 10 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'