More trophy success for Royston Bowls Club’s Rachel Tremlett
- Credit: Archant
Sweltering conditions couldn’t stop Royston Bowls Club’s Rachel Tremlett from claiming victory in the club’s own Invitational Open Pairs tournament.
Sponsored by Newlings of Royston, the annual event draws players from around the country to compete for the title as well as cash prizes.
And partnered with Jamie Barker of St Neots, the duo win all four of their short-format rounds with sufficient shots difference to lift the crown.
It has been a good few weeks for Tremlett who, fresh from her senior international debut, has just returned from a fairly impressive visit to the Bowls England National Finals at Royal Leamington Spa.
She was once again in tandem with Devon Cooper of Baldock Town, entering the Junior Pairs not only as defending champions but also as winners of the British Ladies title.
You may also want to watch:
Unfortunately, and despite a fantastic run, they couldn't add a successive title as they lost 23-5 to Hayley Kenny and Jasmie Wilson of Essex in the final.
She was also part of the club's fours, along with Heather Stapleford, Alice Lewis and Jess Eley, that were beaten by Oxfordshire.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 9 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Royal Ascot: ones to watch on final day