More to come from Clark
A SOLID performance saw Royston-based driver Kieren Clark kick-start his Formula Renault Winter Series campaign in confident mood – although the youngster feels there is more to come. The 18-year-old, who now races for Apotex Scorpio Motorsport of Loughb
A SOLID performance saw Royston-based driver Kieren Clark kick-start his Formula Renault Winter Series campaign in confident mood - although the youngster feels there is more to come.
The 18-year-old, who now races for Apotex Scorpio Motorsport of Loughborough, made an impressive start in what was his Winter Series debut.
Clark lined up alongside 32 other hopefuls who are also looking for a career in racing, and after a 10th place finish in the qualifying round gave his opponents a glimpse of what is to come over the coming months.
For the first three laps of his first race it was close going, as a number of drivers battled for the top placings.
You may also want to watch:
However, unfortunately for Clark he suffered a setback when he clipped the curb and lost ground on his rivals.
Starting from 12th on the grid in race two with the second best qualifying time from an earlier session, Clark again suffered an indifferent start, and slipped down a couple of placings, but eventually held on to finish 17th.
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 Cambs and Essex academy trust wins prestigious award
- 6 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 10 Hospitality Action Day: Some of your favourite local pubs, restaurants and cafés
Clark said: "Seventeenth place was a bit disappointing, especially after all the hard work and effort from the team.
"Now I've got to work hard to get back into the top part of the grid, and with the next race only a few days away I'm looking forward to it."
- The next round of the Formula Renault Winter Series takes place at Croft, North Yorkshire on Saturday.