More success for the Rockets
THE Norwich Flyers BMX racing club were host to the second round of the East Anglia BMX Summer Race Series at the weekend and Royston Rockets had 13 riders competing. The club s youngest rider on the day, Charlie Todd, finished fifth in the six-and-under
THE Norwich Flyers BMX racing club were host to the second round of the East Anglia BMX Summer Race Series at the weekend and Royston Rockets had 13 riders competing.
The club's youngest rider on the day, Charlie Todd, finished fifth in the six-and-under class and in the expert year seven class his brother Jack managed one place better in fourth just ahead of Alfie Salmon.
In the B final Louis Foreman finished in first.
In the year eight class A final Ted Dalleywater took fourth ahead of team mate James King in fifth and the Rockets' representative in the year 10 class, Aaron Dalleywater, took first in the A final to keep up his challenge for the class number one plate.
The 30 plus class saw Lee Alexander take the top spot while Darren Foreman winning the B final, and in the 19 plus class Richard Townsend took second in the B final.
The Cruiser class (24 inch wheels) saw Danny Theedham take another first place for the club in the 13-15 class whilst in the 30-39 class Matt Salmon took fourth and in the 40-44 class Danny Ancell finishing third.
- 1 School to make 'wide-ranging changes' following Ofsted inspection
- 2 Fowlmere residents voice objections to housing development
- 3 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 4 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 5 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 6 Bassingbourn Village College students win Pitch for the Prize competition
- 7 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 8 Kite Festival set to return to Royston next month
- 9 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 10 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
The clubs summer series starts on April 21 with their regular Tuesday night sessions at the clubs track in Burns Road, Royston.
For information visit www.roystonrockets.co.uk or call (01763) 260959.