More success for the Rockets
THE Norwich Flyers BMX racing club were host to the second round of the East Anglia BMX Summer Race Series at the weekend and Royston Rockets had 13 riders competing. The club s youngest rider on the day, Charlie Todd, finished fifth in the six-and-under
THE Norwich Flyers BMX racing club were host to the second round of the East Anglia BMX Summer Race Series at the weekend and Royston Rockets had 13 riders competing.
The club's youngest rider on the day, Charlie Todd, finished fifth in the six-and-under class and in the expert year seven class his brother Jack managed one place better in fourth just ahead of Alfie Salmon.
In the B final Louis Foreman finished in first.
In the year eight class A final Ted Dalleywater took fourth ahead of team mate James King in fifth and the Rockets' representative in the year 10 class, Aaron Dalleywater, took first in the A final to keep up his challenge for the class number one plate.
You may also want to watch:
The 30 plus class saw Lee Alexander take the top spot while Darren Foreman winning the B final, and in the 19 plus class Richard Townsend took second in the B final.
The Cruiser class (24 inch wheels) saw Danny Theedham take another first place for the club in the 13-15 class whilst in the 30-39 class Matt Salmon took fourth and in the 40-44 class Danny Ancell finishing third.
- 1 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 2 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 3 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 4 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 5 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 6 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Cooling caps appeal to reduce chemo patients' hair loss
- 9 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 10 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
The clubs summer series starts on April 21 with their regular Tuesday night sessions at the clubs track in Burns Road, Royston.
For information visit www.roystonrockets.co.uk or call (01763) 260959.