More success for the Rockets
THE Norwich Flyers BMX racing club were host to the second round of the East Anglia BMX Summer Race Series at the weekend and Royston Rockets had 13 riders competing. The club s youngest rider on the day, Charlie Todd, finished fifth in the six-and-under
THE Norwich Flyers BMX racing club were host to the second round of the East Anglia BMX Summer Race Series at the weekend and Royston Rockets had 13 riders competing.
The club's youngest rider on the day, Charlie Todd, finished fifth in the six-and-under class and in the expert year seven class his brother Jack managed one place better in fourth just ahead of Alfie Salmon.
In the B final Louis Foreman finished in first.
In the year eight class A final Ted Dalleywater took fourth ahead of team mate James King in fifth and the Rockets' representative in the year 10 class, Aaron Dalleywater, took first in the A final to keep up his challenge for the class number one plate.
You may also want to watch:
The 30 plus class saw Lee Alexander take the top spot while Darren Foreman winning the B final, and in the 19 plus class Richard Townsend took second in the B final.
The Cruiser class (24 inch wheels) saw Danny Theedham take another first place for the club in the 13-15 class whilst in the 30-39 class Matt Salmon took fourth and in the 40-44 class Danny Ancell finishing third.
- 1 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 2 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 3 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 4 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 5 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 6 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 9 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 10 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
The clubs summer series starts on April 21 with their regular Tuesday night sessions at the clubs track in Burns Road, Royston.
For information visit www.roystonrockets.co.uk or call (01763) 260959.