Moon sets youngsters on the way
THE under sevens once again provided two entertaining matches, the first being a fast paced game against Hormead Hares, in which the Cougars won 4-1. Their first goal came from Bradley Moon and then their second came courtesy of a long range effort from
THE under sevens once again provided two entertaining matches, the first being a fast paced game against Hormead Hares, in which the Cougars won 4-1.
Their first goal came from Bradley Moon and then their second came courtesy of a long range effort from Frank Bown. Buntingford's third and fourth came from Alex Hewer.
In the second match, Cougars and Hares drew 0-0, with Buntingford's Matthew Share awarded the man-of-the-match after a terrific display in the Cougars defence. Simon Keogh and Joe Babbage also played well.
The under nine teams recorded a brace of victories over Bishop's Stortford,
Cougars ran out 2-0 winners in the first game.
Two goals from George Woods were enough to claim the points for Buntingford, with man-of-the-match, keeper Josh Watson doing well at the other end.
- 1 One of a kind Second World War aircraft to fly in historic flypast at IWM Duxford’s Battle of Britain Air Show 2022
- 2 Let's go fly a kite as festival returns after two years
- 3 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 4 Children's kite design competition winners announced
- 5 Firefighters tackle large blaze in field in Guilden Morden
- 6 20 Ukrainian medical students begin placements at Addenbrooke’s
- 7 Residents concerned 140 homes plan could cause 'ecological catastrophe'
- 8 Mid-August railway strike set to hit Hertfordshire train lines
- 9 Hertfordshire 'extreme heat' amber warning as temperature set to soar
- 10 Author AJ Campbell to publish fourth novel
The second game saw more goals for the Cougars, with Adam Froggett opening the account. His goal was followed by strikes from Reece Fitzgerald, Josh Coldecot-Stevens.
In the under-12 league, Buntingford were unlucky to only come away with a share of the points after leading 3-1 at half-time. Two goals from Jonathan Bowell and a Liam Faik strike looked enough to seal a Cougars victory. But Fairlands came back in the second-half and grabbed two late goals.
The Cougars under-13 side also shared the points in their game with Fairlands, after missing a string of chances.
Buntingford started the game brightly, but were unable to take their chances.
Hunter Diack eventually broke the deadlock with a well-taken goal.
However, the lead was cut back moments before half-time.
Diack then notched a second after the break, but the lead was short-lived again after another Fairlands reply.
Cougars then squandered further chances to go back in front, before defender Lloyd Bowman made a superb goal line clearance to save his side's point.