Mizon makes his mark on debut
Fowlmere 3 Cambourne 1 FOWLMERE debutant Danny Mizon swept aside Cambourne on Saturday, netting a double. It was the first league win of the season for the BIS Division 1A outfit, a victory that left head coach Steve Walker particularly pleased. He said
Fowlmere 3 Cambourne 1
FOWLMERE debutant Danny Mizon swept aside Cambourne on Saturday, netting a double.
It was the first league win of the season for the BIS Division 1A outfit, a victory that left head coach Steve Walker particularly pleased.
He said: "It was a good performance and we certainly deserved the three points."
Mizon shot home 30 minutes into his debut after an intelligent turn and finish from 15 yards.
The Fowlmere lead was wiped out, however, with Cambourne nabbing a deflected equaliser 10 minutes into the second half.
- 1 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 3 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 4 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 5 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 6 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 7 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
- 8 Former heavyweight boxing champ to support hospice with charity dinner
- 9 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 10 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
However, 32-year-old Mizon was on hand once more with another close range finish on the hour, after Steve Cooke's corner fooled the Cambourne defence.
Nick King capped Fowlmere's polished performance and exploited the visitors' weakness in the air once more, when he powered home another Cooke corner late in the game.
Walker said: "It was a good team performance and everyone is really pleased to get the win.
"It's been a bit of a slow start for us but we're making progress and I feel we'll definitely be amongst the top places come the end of the season.
"Mizon looks like a top signing for us. He's got a lot of experience, he can hold the ball up well, and knows where the goal is. He could well get us 20-30 this season."
- Fowlmere have a cup game on Saturday and play host to Gamlingay United at 3pm.
Walker added: "We'll be at full strength and confident after Saturday's win. Hopefully we can build on that and put a nice run together.