Mizon makes his mark on debut
Fowlmere 3 Cambourne 1 FOWLMERE debutant Danny Mizon swept aside Cambourne on Saturday, netting a double. It was the first league win of the season for the BIS Division 1A outfit, a victory that left head coach Steve Walker particularly pleased. He said
Fowlmere 3 Cambourne 1
FOWLMERE debutant Danny Mizon swept aside Cambourne on Saturday, netting a double.
It was the first league win of the season for the BIS Division 1A outfit, a victory that left head coach Steve Walker particularly pleased.
He said: "It was a good performance and we certainly deserved the three points."
You may also want to watch:
Mizon shot home 30 minutes into his debut after an intelligent turn and finish from 15 yards.
The Fowlmere lead was wiped out, however, with Cambourne nabbing a deflected equaliser 10 minutes into the second half.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 6 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 7 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms
However, 32-year-old Mizon was on hand once more with another close range finish on the hour, after Steve Cooke's corner fooled the Cambourne defence.
Nick King capped Fowlmere's polished performance and exploited the visitors' weakness in the air once more, when he powered home another Cooke corner late in the game.
Walker said: "It was a good team performance and everyone is really pleased to get the win.
"It's been a bit of a slow start for us but we're making progress and I feel we'll definitely be amongst the top places come the end of the season.
"Mizon looks like a top signing for us. He's got a lot of experience, he can hold the ball up well, and knows where the goal is. He could well get us 20-30 this season."
- Fowlmere have a cup game on Saturday and play host to Gamlingay United at 3pm.
Walker added: "We'll be at full strength and confident after Saturday's win. Hopefully we can build on that and put a nice run together.