Mixed week of results for Royston Bowls Club
- Credit: Archant
There were mixed results for Royston Bowls Club this week.
In the over 60’s Double Rink for the Tony Alcott Trophy, the A team lost by a couple of shots but the B team of Pat Smith, Shirley Pawson, Stan Whitehouse and Don Sheriff won 19-18. Peter Archer, Yvonne Whitehouse, Rodney Dean and Eileen Hyde also won 27-24.
In the National Club Two 4’s, skip Don Sheriff led his Royston B team of Stan Whitehouse, George Lewis and Peter Fisk to a 24-15 victory over Baldock A, but Brian Pepper, Derek Smith, Nigel Woor and Keith Dockree lost 22-14.
In the National Senior Pairs, Steve Kilford and Will Martin contested a tight game, eventually losing to Brian Todd and Mike Parsons 16-12.
However, in the National Senior Singles, Laurie Ramsay beat John Matthews 21-14.
You may also want to watch:
Ramsay continued his winning form against B Platten in the Champion of Champions 21-12.
In the County Triples, Glenn Williams and Stuart Cook beat Whitethorn convincingly 23-8 and Rachel Tremlett, Heather Stapleford, Yvonne Whitehouse and Shirley Pawson progressed to the next round in the County 4’s.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 8 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 9 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 10 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
In the Letchworth and District Singles, Will Martin beat St Ippolyts’ Peter Belton 21-11.
The Men’s Top Ten against Oak Hill produced exceptional wins on all rinks. Laurie Ramsay won the singles 21-16, pairs duo Glenn Williams and Stuart Cook won 18-10, triples Steve Kilford, Matt Coppen and Stuart Brown won 26-6, while Mick O’Flanagan, Don Sheriff, Will Martin and Craig Kilford won their match 23-10.
In the MDL, Royston could only score one point against Great Chesterford, with Cliff Moore, Ken Frostick and Linda O’Flanagan winning their triples match 21-13.