Mixed team on the up
ROYSTON Tennis Club s mixed first team secured promotion to Division One with a 5-3 victory at Burwell. The team which consisted of Andy Holmes, Pru Burton, Richard Fosbeary, and Christine Knight, turned in an impressive performance, and the victory seal
ROYSTON Tennis Club's mixed first team secured promotion to Division One with a 5-3 victory at Burwell.
The team which consisted of Andy Holmes, Pru Burton, Richard Fosbeary, and Christine Knight, turned in an impressive performance, and the victory sealed automatic promotion, with a match still to play.
Like the mixed first team, the ladies maintained their unbeaten record with a 7-1 demolition of Cambourne. Pru Burton, Christine Knight, Kathy Betts, and Karin Lambert proved too strong for their opponents in what was another fine display.
However, the men's first team saw their unbeaten run come to an end when they lost at Huntingdon seconds.
Despite a strong showing by John Goodbody, Andy Holmes, Richard Fosbeary, and John Holmes, Royston went down 6-2.
The men's seconds also went down to Huntingdon, with Steve Gibson, David Addison, Roger Maybury, and Ralph Betts beaten 5-3.
- 1 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 2 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 3 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 4 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 5 Melbourn Village College ready for Hastings battle in quarter-finals of national cup
- 6 Royston drama group CADS announces winner of 2022 Fred Sillence Award
- 7 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 8 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 9 Experience University of Cambridge Museums' free Twilight with the Museums sleepover at home
- 10 Royston Golf Club donates £1,000 to hospice
- For more details visit the club's website at www.royston-tennis.co.uk