Mixed team on the up
ROYSTON Tennis Club s mixed first team secured promotion to Division One with a 5-3 victory at Burwell. The team which consisted of Andy Holmes, Pru Burton, Richard Fosbeary, and Christine Knight, turned in an impressive performance, and the victory seal
ROYSTON Tennis Club's mixed first team secured promotion to Division One with a 5-3 victory at Burwell.
The team which consisted of Andy Holmes, Pru Burton, Richard Fosbeary, and Christine Knight, turned in an impressive performance, and the victory sealed automatic promotion, with a match still to play.
Like the mixed first team, the ladies maintained their unbeaten record with a 7-1 demolition of Cambourne. Pru Burton, Christine Knight, Kathy Betts, and Karin Lambert proved too strong for their opponents in what was another fine display.
However, the men's first team saw their unbeaten run come to an end when they lost at Huntingdon seconds.
Despite a strong showing by John Goodbody, Andy Holmes, Richard Fosbeary, and John Holmes, Royston went down 6-2.
The men's seconds also went down to Huntingdon, with Steve Gibson, David Addison, Roger Maybury, and Ralph Betts beaten 5-3.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 3 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 4 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 5 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 6 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 7 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 8 Census data reveals Hertfordshire population boom over last decade
- 9 Citizens Advice: Your rights should anything get lost or delayed in the post
- 10 Met Office weather: Yellow thunderstorm warning for East of England
- For more details visit the club's website at www.royston-tennis.co.uk