Mixed team on the up
ROYSTON Tennis Club s mixed first team secured promotion to Division One with a 5-3 victory at Burwell. The team which consisted of Andy Holmes, Pru Burton, Richard Fosbeary, and Christine Knight, turned in an impressive performance, and the victory seal
ROYSTON Tennis Club's mixed first team secured promotion to Division One with a 5-3 victory at Burwell.
The team which consisted of Andy Holmes, Pru Burton, Richard Fosbeary, and Christine Knight, turned in an impressive performance, and the victory sealed automatic promotion, with a match still to play.
Like the mixed first team, the ladies maintained their unbeaten record with a 7-1 demolition of Cambourne. Pru Burton, Christine Knight, Kathy Betts, and Karin Lambert proved too strong for their opponents in what was another fine display.
However, the men's first team saw their unbeaten run come to an end when they lost at Huntingdon seconds.
You may also want to watch:
Despite a strong showing by John Goodbody, Andy Holmes, Richard Fosbeary, and John Holmes, Royston went down 6-2.
The men's seconds also went down to Huntingdon, with Steve Gibson, David Addison, Roger Maybury, and Ralph Betts beaten 5-3.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 3 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- For more details visit the club's website at www.royston-tennis.co.uk