Mixed team on the up
ROYSTON Tennis Club s mixed first team secured promotion to Division One with a 5-3 victory at Burwell. The team which consisted of Andy Holmes, Pru Burton, Richard Fosbeary, and Christine Knight, turned in an impressive performance, and the victory seal
ROYSTON Tennis Club's mixed first team secured promotion to Division One with a 5-3 victory at Burwell.
The team which consisted of Andy Holmes, Pru Burton, Richard Fosbeary, and Christine Knight, turned in an impressive performance, and the victory sealed automatic promotion, with a match still to play.
Like the mixed first team, the ladies maintained their unbeaten record with a 7-1 demolition of Cambourne. Pru Burton, Christine Knight, Kathy Betts, and Karin Lambert proved too strong for their opponents in what was another fine display.
However, the men's first team saw their unbeaten run come to an end when they lost at Huntingdon seconds.
You may also want to watch:
Despite a strong showing by John Goodbody, Andy Holmes, Richard Fosbeary, and John Holmes, Royston went down 6-2.
The men's seconds also went down to Huntingdon, with Steve Gibson, David Addison, Roger Maybury, and Ralph Betts beaten 5-3.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 3 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 4 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 5 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 6 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 7 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 8 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 9 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 10 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- For more details visit the club's website at www.royston-tennis.co.uk