Mixed results for the Crotty brothers
GEORGE Crotty of Royston returned to winning ways at a fight event at the Marriott School in Stevenage. The 15-year-old was boxing for Stevenage ABC and beat Colchester s George Griffin in a close, hard battle. Crotty had beat Griffin in another c
GEORGE Crotty of Royston returned to winning ways at a fight event at the Marriott School in Stevenage.
The 15-year-old was boxing for Stevenage ABC and beat Colchester's George Griffin in a close, hard battle.
Crotty had beat Griffin in another close one last season on his way to winning the national Golden Gloves competition, and once again the cleaner more telling shots came from the Royston boxer who caught his opponent with some long lefts to take a majority decision.
George's brother Billy also boxed on the same show, losing to Bushey ABC boxer Davey Docherty.
Docherty, who had previously represented England at the World Cadet Championships, outworked his Royston foe for a deserved victory.
- 1 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 2 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 3 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 4 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 5 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 6 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 7 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 8 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 9 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 10 Gripping retelling of Blood Brothers coming to the ADC Theatre in Cambridge