Mixed results for the Cougars
Letchworth v Buntingford Cougars (3-1, 0-1) Under-nines BUNTINGFORD put in their best performances of the season so far, closely losing their first game 3-1 with Harry Welsh scoring and some good goalkeeping from Jack Harler but winning their second 1-0.
Letchworth v Buntingford Cougars (3-1, 0-1)
BUNTINGFORD put in their best performances of the season so far, closely losing their first game 3-1 with Harry Welsh scoring and some good goalkeeping from Jack Harler but winning their second 1-0.
In this game Welsh produced a sensational run through the defence to set up Nate Ridgewell to slot home the only goal of the game.
You may also want to watch:
Buntingford Cougars v Shephall (5-2, 1-1)
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 6 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 9 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms
- 10 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
THE Whites and Blues played host to Shephall at the Bury and once again provided two excellent and entertaining matches.
In the first game the Blues went down to a goal early on but Matthew Share headed an equaliser.
The Cougars then began to run away with the game with some great play and passing and goals followed from Frank Brown and Paris Caldicott Stevens.
They conceded another, but Brown and Stevens each scored against to seal a 5-2 victory.
The second game also saw Shephall take an early lead but the Cougars continued to battle hard with some great defending by Harry Dookheran and Alex Hewer.
A superb strike from Hewer from just beyond the half way line took Shephall by surprise as the ball sailed above everyone's heads and dropped down into the back of the net and although the Cougars had further attacks they couldn't add to their goal and the match finished 1-1.
Barmond United 4 Buntingford Cougars Stripes 2
ANOTHER much improved performance saw the Stripes lose a closely fought game 4-2.
After going a goal behind the Cougars struck back with two strikes from Ben Hall and Stan Ray, but unfortunately some sloppy defending in the second half cost them three goals.