Mixed results for the Cougars
Letchworth v Buntingford Cougars (3-1, 0-1) Under-nines BUNTINGFORD put in their best performances of the season so far, closely losing their first game 3-1 with Harry Welsh scoring and some good goalkeeping from Jack Harler but winning their second 1-0.
Letchworth v Buntingford Cougars (3-1, 0-1)
BUNTINGFORD put in their best performances of the season so far, closely losing their first game 3-1 with Harry Welsh scoring and some good goalkeeping from Jack Harler but winning their second 1-0.
In this game Welsh produced a sensational run through the defence to set up Nate Ridgewell to slot home the only goal of the game.
You may also want to watch:
Buntingford Cougars v Shephall (5-2, 1-1)
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 3 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 4 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 5 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 9 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 10 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
THE Whites and Blues played host to Shephall at the Bury and once again provided two excellent and entertaining matches.
In the first game the Blues went down to a goal early on but Matthew Share headed an equaliser.
The Cougars then began to run away with the game with some great play and passing and goals followed from Frank Brown and Paris Caldicott Stevens.
They conceded another, but Brown and Stevens each scored against to seal a 5-2 victory.
The second game also saw Shephall take an early lead but the Cougars continued to battle hard with some great defending by Harry Dookheran and Alex Hewer.
A superb strike from Hewer from just beyond the half way line took Shephall by surprise as the ball sailed above everyone's heads and dropped down into the back of the net and although the Cougars had further attacks they couldn't add to their goal and the match finished 1-1.
Barmond United 4 Buntingford Cougars Stripes 2
ANOTHER much improved performance saw the Stripes lose a closely fought game 4-2.
After going a goal behind the Cougars struck back with two strikes from Ben Hall and Stan Ray, but unfortunately some sloppy defending in the second half cost them three goals.