Mixed results for Melbourn against Arlesey Town
Arlesey Town 2 Melbourn Dynamos Panthers 4 Under-nines THE Panthers got off to a flying start with Dylan Snowdon scoring just minutes into the first half of this encounter. This didn t dampen Arlesey Town s spirits though as they had a near miss minutes l
Arlesey Town 2 Melbourn Dynamos Panthers 4
THE Panthers got off to a flying start with Dylan Snowdon scoring just minutes into the first half of this encounter.
This didn't dampen Arlesey Town's spirits though as they had a near miss minutes later.
You may also want to watch:
Joe Powley reinforced the Panthers lead with a superb goal taking the score to 2-0 at half time but their opponents fought back in the second half scoring two goals to draw with Melbourn.
Joshua Montgomery worked hard keeping the ball up front and his hard work paid off when he saw teammate Powley hit two more goals to win the game 4-2 for his side after some great defensive work from William Browning and Jaydon Biggs.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 3 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 4 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 5 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 10 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
Arlesey Town 3 Melbourn Dynamos Tigers 1
ARLESEY started off the match against Melbourn scoring very quickly but the Tigers fought back with some great passing moves.
Callum Gartlan made it 1-1 but although Melbourn defended well in the second half with Joe Powley making some good saves Arlesey scored another two goals to seal the win.
There were some good performances with both Harry Weber and man-of-the-match Gartlan working tirelessly to push the ball forward but it wasn't to be.