Mixed results for Manuden
Bishop's Stortford under-12s 2 Manuden Juniors under-12s 1 THE scoreline against Bishop's Stortford didn't reflect the performance Manuden put in as for much of the first half they had their opponents on the back foot. However they were unable to find the
Bishop's Stortford under-12s 2 Manuden Juniors under-12s 1
THE scoreline against Bishop's Stortford didn't reflect the performance Manuden put in as for much of the first half they had their opponents on the back foot.
However they were unable to find the net and the two teams went in at the break at 0-0.
In the second half Stortford caught Manuden sleeping and scored two quick goals, but this spurred the visitors into life and Eren Bache was on hand to slot home a penalty.
You may also want to watch:
Despite many chances to pull level it just was not to be and Bishop's ran out 2-1 victors.
Manuden under-16s 4 Pin Green under-16s 2
- 1 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 8 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 9 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 10 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
MANUDEN'S last game of the campaign saw them get off to a flying start with Max Baldock finding the back of the net after just two minutes.
The lead was quickly doubled with Riley Frost on 15 minutes before Pin Green scored on 32 minutes, but Manuden retook a two goal lead into the break when Max Burch fired in his team's third seven minutes later.
Manuden were awarded a penalty in the second half which was taken by goalkeeper Marcus Lill but Pin Green's keeper was equal to it and play resumed.
Riley Frost then scored the fourth goal for Manuden after 72 minutes and Pin Green got their second goal six minutes later but it was too little too late.
MANUDEN'S under-10s were unable to beat their Letchworth counterparts and lost 3-2 with their goals scored by Lewis Wake and Matthew Stump.