Mixed results for Manuden
Bishop's Stortford under-12s 2 Manuden Juniors under-12s 1 THE scoreline against Bishop's Stortford didn't reflect the performance Manuden put in as for much of the first half they had their opponents on the back foot. However they were unable to find the
Bishop's Stortford under-12s 2 Manuden Juniors under-12s 1
THE scoreline against Bishop's Stortford didn't reflect the performance Manuden put in as for much of the first half they had their opponents on the back foot.
However they were unable to find the net and the two teams went in at the break at 0-0.
In the second half Stortford caught Manuden sleeping and scored two quick goals, but this spurred the visitors into life and Eren Bache was on hand to slot home a penalty.
Despite many chances to pull level it just was not to be and Bishop's ran out 2-1 victors.
Manuden under-16s 4 Pin Green under-16s 2
- 1 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 2 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 3 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 4 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 5 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 6 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 7 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 8 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 9 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 10 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
MANUDEN'S last game of the campaign saw them get off to a flying start with Max Baldock finding the back of the net after just two minutes.
The lead was quickly doubled with Riley Frost on 15 minutes before Pin Green scored on 32 minutes, but Manuden retook a two goal lead into the break when Max Burch fired in his team's third seven minutes later.
Manuden were awarded a penalty in the second half which was taken by goalkeeper Marcus Lill but Pin Green's keeper was equal to it and play resumed.
Riley Frost then scored the fourth goal for Manuden after 72 minutes and Pin Green got their second goal six minutes later but it was too little too late.
MANUDEN'S under-10s were unable to beat their Letchworth counterparts and lost 3-2 with their goals scored by Lewis Wake and Matthew Stump.