Mixed results for Knebworth
Under-11s lose against Baldock Templars but beat Symonds Green
Knebworth Youth 1 Baldock Town Templars 2
Under-11s Division One
Knebworth started the game positively pinning Baldock back for long periods with the superior football which was rewarded when Ewan Fewell opened the scoring but Baldock went into the break 2-1 up after two breakaway goals.
The second half saw both teams have chances and Knebworth dominated in the closing stages, but Baldock stayed strong to keep the home side at bay.
You may also want to watch:
Knebworth Youth 5 Symonds Green 2
Under-11s Division Two
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 4 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 5 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 6 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 9 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
Knebworth once again gifted their opponents with a lead after a soft goal, but drew level through Kieran Atkinson’s free-kick.
Billy Flak missed a penalty before scoring for 2-1 in the second half before Atkinson completed his hat-trick with two second half strikes.
Harry Harknett capped a fine display with the fifth goal for the Cheetahs before Symonds Green scored late on to make it 5-2.
The two teams will meet again next week in a return fixture in the first round of this seasons league cup competition. A good game of football played in a great spirit by both teams.