Mixed results for Knebworth
Under-11s lose against Baldock Templars but beat Symonds Green
Knebworth Youth 1 Baldock Town Templars 2
Under-11s Division One
Knebworth started the game positively pinning Baldock back for long periods with the superior football which was rewarded when Ewan Fewell opened the scoring but Baldock went into the break 2-1 up after two breakaway goals.
The second half saw both teams have chances and Knebworth dominated in the closing stages, but Baldock stayed strong to keep the home side at bay.
You may also want to watch:
Knebworth Youth 5 Symonds Green 2
Under-11s Division Two
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 4 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 9 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
Knebworth once again gifted their opponents with a lead after a soft goal, but drew level through Kieran Atkinson’s free-kick.
Billy Flak missed a penalty before scoring for 2-1 in the second half before Atkinson completed his hat-trick with two second half strikes.
Harry Harknett capped a fine display with the fifth goal for the Cheetahs before Symonds Green scored late on to make it 5-2.
The two teams will meet again next week in a return fixture in the first round of this seasons league cup competition. A good game of football played in a great spirit by both teams.