Mixed results for Knebworth
Under-11s lose against Baldock Templars but beat Symonds Green
Knebworth Youth 1 Baldock Town Templars 2
Under-11s Division One
Knebworth started the game positively pinning Baldock back for long periods with the superior football which was rewarded when Ewan Fewell opened the scoring but Baldock went into the break 2-1 up after two breakaway goals.
The second half saw both teams have chances and Knebworth dominated in the closing stages, but Baldock stayed strong to keep the home side at bay.
Knebworth Youth 5 Symonds Green 2
Under-11s Division Two
- 1 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 2 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 3 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 4 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 5 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 6 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 7 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 8 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 9 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 10 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
Knebworth once again gifted their opponents with a lead after a soft goal, but drew level through Kieran Atkinson’s free-kick.
Billy Flak missed a penalty before scoring for 2-1 in the second half before Atkinson completed his hat-trick with two second half strikes.
Harry Harknett capped a fine display with the fifth goal for the Cheetahs before Symonds Green scored late on to make it 5-2.
The two teams will meet again next week in a return fixture in the first round of this seasons league cup competition. A good game of football played in a great spirit by both teams.