Mixed results for first team
Royston Tennis Club round-up
ANDY Holmes, Matt Fellingham, Richard Fosbeary, Mike Moss and John Goodbody of Royston Tennis Club Is won 6-2 away at David Lloyd IIs recently only to then lose 7-1 at home to their first team.
However, they did redeem themselves with a 5-3 victory away at Cambridge IIs.
The Ladies team of Christine Knight, Sue Addison, Emma Windred and Caroline McCormick lost away to Buckden. They also did well to hold Haslingfield 4-4 in the next match after losing Addison in the final set against Buckden.
The Men’s IIs team of John Holmes, David Addison, John and Peter Goodbody and Mike Fellingham lost two matches 5-3 away to both Huntingdon IIs and Great Shelford IVs. They then trounced Saffron Walden away 8-0 with David Addison, Erwin Phillips, Garry Tobiss and John Goodbody.
You may also want to watch:
The mixed team of Mike Fellingham, Christine Knight, Emma Windred and John Holmes beat Gransdens Is 7-1 away before Roger Maybury, Kathryn Betts, Matt Fellingham and Christine Knight thrashed Huntingdon Is at home 8-0.
For full details of club times, matches and events log onto the club website at www.royston-tennis.co.uk.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 6 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis