Mixed results for first team
Royston Tennis Club round-up
ANDY Holmes, Matt Fellingham, Richard Fosbeary, Mike Moss and John Goodbody of Royston Tennis Club Is won 6-2 away at David Lloyd IIs recently only to then lose 7-1 at home to their first team.
However, they did redeem themselves with a 5-3 victory away at Cambridge IIs.
The Ladies team of Christine Knight, Sue Addison, Emma Windred and Caroline McCormick lost away to Buckden. They also did well to hold Haslingfield 4-4 in the next match after losing Addison in the final set against Buckden.
The Men’s IIs team of John Holmes, David Addison, John and Peter Goodbody and Mike Fellingham lost two matches 5-3 away to both Huntingdon IIs and Great Shelford IVs. They then trounced Saffron Walden away 8-0 with David Addison, Erwin Phillips, Garry Tobiss and John Goodbody.
You may also want to watch:
The mixed team of Mike Fellingham, Christine Knight, Emma Windred and John Holmes beat Gransdens Is 7-1 away before Roger Maybury, Kathryn Betts, Matt Fellingham and Christine Knight thrashed Huntingdon Is at home 8-0.
For full details of club times, matches and events log onto the club website at www.royston-tennis.co.uk.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 3 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 4 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 5 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 6 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 10 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court