Mixed results for Buntingford's sides
Buntingford Cougars v Hitchin Under-10s BUNTINGFORD Blues and Whites played away to Hitchin and provided two very different yet entertaining matches. In the first game Hitchin came out strong and took an early lead which was soon doubled. Cougars fought b
Buntingford Cougars v Hitchin
BUNTINGFORD Blues and Whites played away to Hitchin and provided two very different yet entertaining matches.
In the first game Hitchin came out strong and took an early lead which was soon doubled. Cougars fought back and Luke Garrett scored a fine goal.
You may also want to watch:
Keeper Reece Knapp played well and was kept busy as Hitchin were able to score a further two goals to give a full time score of 4-1.
The second game saw the Cougars dominate but Hitchin took the early lead with a goal from nowhere against the run of play.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 9 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
- 10 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
Cougars' heads didn't drop and a host of cracking shots were fired at the Hitchin goal.
A number of players hit the woodwork before Hitchin fumbled the ball in to score an own goal and level the score.
There was then no stopping the Cougars as great play in mid field ensured the strikers were well fed.
Kye Blows scored a fantastic hat trick and Joe Lally also scored giving a 5-1 final score.
Buntingford Cougars Stripes v Biggleswade United
The Stripes' best team performance this season could not prevent a 4-0 defeat.
After conceding an early goal they dominated most of the first half with Isaac Perry and Ben Hall going close on several occasions.
However failure to take their chances proved costly when Biggleswade broke away just before half time to increase their lead.
It was a similar story in the second half with Alex King and Stan Ray battling away in midfield only for Biggleswade to score two more.
The final score flattered Biggleswade but they took their chances, however the first win of the season will surely come soon for the Stripes if they show the same level of commitment as they did against Biggleswade.