Mixed results for Buntingford's sides
Buntingford Cougars v Hitchin Under-10s BUNTINGFORD Blues and Whites played away to Hitchin and provided two very different yet entertaining matches. In the first game Hitchin came out strong and took an early lead which was soon doubled. Cougars fought b
Buntingford Cougars v Hitchin
BUNTINGFORD Blues and Whites played away to Hitchin and provided two very different yet entertaining matches.
In the first game Hitchin came out strong and took an early lead which was soon doubled. Cougars fought back and Luke Garrett scored a fine goal.
Keeper Reece Knapp played well and was kept busy as Hitchin were able to score a further two goals to give a full time score of 4-1.
The second game saw the Cougars dominate but Hitchin took the early lead with a goal from nowhere against the run of play.
- 1 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 2 North East Herts MP declares 'loss of confidence' in PM
- 3 School to make 'wide-ranging changes' following Ofsted inspection
- 4 Health at the Hub project launched in Melbourn
- 5 Fowlmere residents voice objections to housing development
- 6 Chancellor and health secretary dramatically quit
- 7 Tesco Community Garden to hold weekend celebration
- 8 Cambridge Summer Music Festival 2022 brings world-class classical performers to Cambridgeshire
- 9 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 10 Kite Festival set to return to Royston next month
Cougars' heads didn't drop and a host of cracking shots were fired at the Hitchin goal.
A number of players hit the woodwork before Hitchin fumbled the ball in to score an own goal and level the score.
There was then no stopping the Cougars as great play in mid field ensured the strikers were well fed.
Kye Blows scored a fantastic hat trick and Joe Lally also scored giving a 5-1 final score.
Buntingford Cougars Stripes v Biggleswade United
The Stripes' best team performance this season could not prevent a 4-0 defeat.
After conceding an early goal they dominated most of the first half with Isaac Perry and Ben Hall going close on several occasions.
However failure to take their chances proved costly when Biggleswade broke away just before half time to increase their lead.
It was a similar story in the second half with Alex King and Stan Ray battling away in midfield only for Biggleswade to score two more.
The final score flattered Biggleswade but they took their chances, however the first win of the season will surely come soon for the Stripes if they show the same level of commitment as they did against Biggleswade.