Mixed fortunes for Royston Tennis Club
ROYSTON Tennis Club have been enjoying their first summer season on their new courts at Therfield Heath with membership numbers soaring to 190 with the Wimbledon season bringing out the would-be Andy Murray’s and Maria Sharapovas.
With the fantastic facilities the club has been able to enter more teams into the Cambridgeshire & Hertfordshire leagues and three mixed teams began their rounds this month in thee Cambridgeshire adult mixed leagues.
The first team of Pru Burton, Andy Holmes, Della Gibson and Richard Fosbeary go off to a great start winning their first match at home to Gt Shelford fifth team 6-2 and then went on to beat Newmarket seconds away 7-1 with Annabel Barrett replacing Della.
The Mixed second adult team of Erwin Phillips Christine Knight, Mike Fellingham and Kathy Betts had a disastrous 8-0 loss in their first match away to Soham firsts and then had a 6-2 loss at home to Gransdens firsts with Emma Windred replacing Kathy.
The Mixed third team like the first team surged ahead with a 5-3 win at home to Orwell firsts with team members David Addison, Annabel Barrett, Alan Knight and Karin Lambert, then with Ros Godward replacing Karin, went on to win 6-2 away to Gransdens seconds.
You may also want to watch:
The junior U16 boys started their first match at weekend in the Summer Herts league. Toby Jackson, Isaac Pickett, Sam Clayson and Sam Tobiss lost away to Rickmansworth.
For full details of matches, club membership & events, please log onto the club website at www.royston-tennis.co.uk
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 5 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 6 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 7 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 8 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 9 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 10 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start