Mixed fortunes for Royston Tennis Club
ROYSTON Tennis Club had mixed fortunes on the results front last week.
In the LTA Hertfordshire League the Under-16 team of Lewis Harley, Toby Jackson, Neil Addison and Andrew Betts lost 4-2 away to Cassiobury. The Under-14 team of Toby Jackson, Gus Rees, Alex Wilson and Leo Pickett drew 3-3 away to Welwyn.
In the LTA Cambridgeshire Junior League the Under-16 first team of Sam Tobiss and Lewis Harley beat Histon away 3-0.
The Under-13 first team of James Lee and Leo Pickett beat Huntingdon 3-0 away.
In the Adult Cambridgeshire mixed league all three Royston teams played their first matches, the first team of Andy Holmes, Pru Burton, Richard Fosbeary and Christine Knight were narrowly beaten 5-3 by Haslingfield I.
The second team of David Addison, Emma Daintrey, John Goodbody and Kathy Betts drew at home with Haslingfield II. The third team of John Goodbody, Ann Smith, Mike Fellingham and Sue Addison won 5-3 away at Cambourne II.
For full details of club matches, membership and events log on to the club website at www.royston-tennis.co.uk.
- 1 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 2 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 3 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 4 Meldreth mental health cancer support charity appoints first patron
- 5 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 6 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 7 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 8 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 9 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 10 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages