Mixed fortunes for Royston Tennis Club
ROYSTON Tennis Club had mixed fortunes on the results front last week.
In the LTA Hertfordshire League the Under-16 team of Lewis Harley, Toby Jackson, Neil Addison and Andrew Betts lost 4-2 away to Cassiobury. The Under-14 team of Toby Jackson, Gus Rees, Alex Wilson and Leo Pickett drew 3-3 away to Welwyn.
In the LTA Cambridgeshire Junior League the Under-16 first team of Sam Tobiss and Lewis Harley beat Histon away 3-0.
The Under-13 first team of James Lee and Leo Pickett beat Huntingdon 3-0 away.
In the Adult Cambridgeshire mixed league all three Royston teams played their first matches, the first team of Andy Holmes, Pru Burton, Richard Fosbeary and Christine Knight were narrowly beaten 5-3 by Haslingfield I.
You may also want to watch:
The second team of David Addison, Emma Daintrey, John Goodbody and Kathy Betts drew at home with Haslingfield II. The third team of John Goodbody, Ann Smith, Mike Fellingham and Sue Addison won 5-3 away at Cambourne II.
For full details of club matches, membership and events log on to the club website at www.royston-tennis.co.uk.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 4 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 5 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 6 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 7 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 8 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 9 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 10 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?