Mixed fortunes for Royston Tennis Club
ROYSTON Tennis Club had mixed fortunes on the results front last week.
In the LTA Hertfordshire League the Under-16 team of Lewis Harley, Toby Jackson, Neil Addison and Andrew Betts lost 4-2 away to Cassiobury. The Under-14 team of Toby Jackson, Gus Rees, Alex Wilson and Leo Pickett drew 3-3 away to Welwyn.
In the LTA Cambridgeshire Junior League the Under-16 first team of Sam Tobiss and Lewis Harley beat Histon away 3-0.
The Under-13 first team of James Lee and Leo Pickett beat Huntingdon 3-0 away.
In the Adult Cambridgeshire mixed league all three Royston teams played their first matches, the first team of Andy Holmes, Pru Burton, Richard Fosbeary and Christine Knight were narrowly beaten 5-3 by Haslingfield I.
You may also want to watch:
The second team of David Addison, Emma Daintrey, John Goodbody and Kathy Betts drew at home with Haslingfield II. The third team of John Goodbody, Ann Smith, Mike Fellingham and Sue Addison won 5-3 away at Cambourne II.
For full details of club matches, membership and events log on to the club website at www.royston-tennis.co.uk.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 6 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 7 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims