Mixed bag for Clark at Brands
THERE were mixed fortunes for Kieren Clark in last weekend s Formula Renault BARC series meeting at Brands Hatch. In round nine, after red flags curtailed one start, Clark started in ninth place, but good driving from some of his competitors saw him pushe
THERE were mixed fortunes for Kieren Clark in last weekend's Formula Renault BARC series meeting at Brands Hatch.
In round nine, after red flags curtailed one start, Clark started in ninth place, but good driving from some of his competitors saw him pushed back to 12th.
Although some quick and determined racing saw him surge back up the grid, he finished ninth, just outside the point scoring positions.
Round ten saw Clark start ninth once more, but with just four tenths of a second covering the first ten grid positions, it was clear it was going to be a tight race.
You may also want to watch:
Again Clark lost ground in the early stages, but surged through the field thanks to some fine overtaking moves.
A dramatic coming together between the second and third-placed cars on the final lap saw him elevated to seventh place, meaning he retains tenth place in the standings.
- 1 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 2 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 3 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 4 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 5 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 8 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 9 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 10 Socially-distanced festival is a welcome return to pre-pandemic good times
Clark said: "I've suffered from the starts all weekend and had to really work hard to get back.
"I've pushed as hard as I can and I'm gutted that ninth place was the best we could do, but then getting the seventh helped the championship points.