Mixed bag for Clark at Brands
THERE were mixed fortunes for Kieren Clark in last weekend s Formula Renault BARC series meeting at Brands Hatch. In round nine, after red flags curtailed one start, Clark started in ninth place, but good driving from some of his competitors saw him pushe
THERE were mixed fortunes for Kieren Clark in last weekend's Formula Renault BARC series meeting at Brands Hatch.
In round nine, after red flags curtailed one start, Clark started in ninth place, but good driving from some of his competitors saw him pushed back to 12th.
Although some quick and determined racing saw him surge back up the grid, he finished ninth, just outside the point scoring positions.
Round ten saw Clark start ninth once more, but with just four tenths of a second covering the first ten grid positions, it was clear it was going to be a tight race.
You may also want to watch:
Again Clark lost ground in the early stages, but surged through the field thanks to some fine overtaking moves.
A dramatic coming together between the second and third-placed cars on the final lap saw him elevated to seventh place, meaning he retains tenth place in the standings.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 6 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 7 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
Clark said: "I've suffered from the starts all weekend and had to really work hard to get back.
"I've pushed as hard as I can and I'm gutted that ninth place was the best we could do, but then getting the seventh helped the championship points.