Miserable conditions give Bishop's the blues
Bishop s Stortford Blues 2 Arlesey 6 Under-11s Division Two FOR the second week in a row two teams were left battling miserable conditions, but this was an exciting encounter. The Blues were unlucky not to have scored at least once in the first half with
Bishop's Stortford Blues 2 Arlesey 6
Under-11s Division Two
FOR the second week in a row two teams were left battling miserable conditions, but this was an exciting encounter.
The Blues were unlucky not to have scored at least once in the first half with one Arlesey goal being scored with the help of a bad bounce and the second being an own goal.
Once again the Blues defended superbly when required with Dan Cox and Sam Byrne standing out while chances were created the other end through Robert Stephens, Sam Hopkins and Thomas McConnell.
The Blues started the second half well but Arlesey scored a third with an impressive counterattack.
- 1 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 3 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 4 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 5 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 6 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 7 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
- 8 Former heavyweight boxing champ to support hospice with charity dinner
- 9 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 10 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
Elliot Clarke then got the Blues on the score sheet with a well crafted goal before they were caught out by a couple of quick goals.
The second Blues goal came from a determined run down the right flank from Stephens whose shot squeezed past the Arlesey 'keeper from 20 yards.
Well done to both teams who made a great game out of very difficult conditions.