Miserable conditions give Bishop's the blues
Bishop s Stortford Blues 2 Arlesey 6 Under-11s Division Two FOR the second week in a row two teams were left battling miserable conditions, but this was an exciting encounter. The Blues were unlucky not to have scored at least once in the first half with
Bishop's Stortford Blues 2 Arlesey 6
Under-11s Division Two
FOR the second week in a row two teams were left battling miserable conditions, but this was an exciting encounter.
The Blues were unlucky not to have scored at least once in the first half with one Arlesey goal being scored with the help of a bad bounce and the second being an own goal.
You may also want to watch:
Once again the Blues defended superbly when required with Dan Cox and Sam Byrne standing out while chances were created the other end through Robert Stephens, Sam Hopkins and Thomas McConnell.
The Blues started the second half well but Arlesey scored a third with an impressive counterattack.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 6 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 7 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 8 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms
Elliot Clarke then got the Blues on the score sheet with a well crafted goal before they were caught out by a couple of quick goals.
The second Blues goal came from a determined run down the right flank from Stephens whose shot squeezed past the Arlesey 'keeper from 20 yards.
Well done to both teams who made a great game out of very difficult conditions.