Miserable conditions give Bishop's the blues
Bishop s Stortford Blues 2 Arlesey 6 Under-11s Division Two FOR the second week in a row two teams were left battling miserable conditions, but this was an exciting encounter. The Blues were unlucky not to have scored at least once in the first half with
Bishop's Stortford Blues 2 Arlesey 6
Under-11s Division Two
FOR the second week in a row two teams were left battling miserable conditions, but this was an exciting encounter.
The Blues were unlucky not to have scored at least once in the first half with one Arlesey goal being scored with the help of a bad bounce and the second being an own goal.
Once again the Blues defended superbly when required with Dan Cox and Sam Byrne standing out while chances were created the other end through Robert Stephens, Sam Hopkins and Thomas McConnell.
The Blues started the second half well but Arlesey scored a third with an impressive counterattack.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 3 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 4 Royston Bloomsday marks 100th anniversary of James Joyce's novel
- 5 Vehicles, greenhouse and fence 'smashed' in Royston
- 6 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
- 7 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 8 Duke and Duchess of Cambridge view portrait of themselves at Fitzwilliam Museum
- 9 Careless driver was 'using phone' when she killed Cambridge cyclist
- 10 Teen attacked couple with glasses at Royston pub
Elliot Clarke then got the Blues on the score sheet with a well crafted goal before they were caught out by a couple of quick goals.
The second Blues goal came from a determined run down the right flank from Stephens whose shot squeezed past the Arlesey 'keeper from 20 yards.
Well done to both teams who made a great game out of very difficult conditions.