Miller grinds down Hoddesdon
Royston Town Ladies 1 Hoddesdon Owls 0 ROYSTON Town Ladies picked up another well deserved three points on Sunday against Hoddesdon Owls. The home side started well but it was Hoddesdon who almost took the lead after just six minutes when their centre for
Royston Town Ladies 1 Hoddesdon Owls 0
ROYSTON Town Ladies picked up another well deserved three points on Sunday against Hoddesdon Owls.
The home side started well but it was Hoddesdon who almost took the lead after just six minutes when their centre forward broke clear of the Royston defensive line only to be denied by an outstanding save from Clare Draper who dived bravely at her feet to smother the ball.
The scare spurred Royston on and they began to open Hoddesdon up with some neat passing football and should have taken the lead after 20 minutes when Emma Chaffey's excellent strike came back off the post and fell into the path of Stacey Hassan who blasted over the three yards.
Ten minutes later Royston finally get the goal they deserved after Gemma Barlow's pass picked out Chaffey in the box and saved shot was powered in by Marie Miller.
Wendy Webster should have added a second before half time but was twice denied by some excellent saves.
- 1 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 3 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 4 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 5 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
- 6 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 7 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 8 Former heavyweight boxing champ to support hospice with charity dinner
- 9 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 10 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
Royston continued the second half in search of more goals and further chances came and went including another open goal miss when Lucy Davidson's strike sailed agonisingly passed the post.
The scoreline should have been wider but this was another important three points for Royston as they continue to move up the table.