Micky jumping for Joy after Pulsatilla Cup play-off triumph
- Credit: Archant
A four-way tie in the prestigious Pulsatilla Cup back in August meant a play-off on Saturday at Royston Golf Club.
Micky Joyner played a superb round of golf to take the title with a score of 65, nine shots ahead of second-placed Tony Hannington.
Peter Rutter and Ian Dell were the other play-off hopefuls.
Meanwhile, in the Saturday Swindle, Trevor Sweeting beat Andrew Brooker to first place on count-back as both scored 35 points.
Sunday saw the monthly medal being contended at the club along with the alternative Vets Trophy competition for those aged over 55.
Winner of the medal was Glenn Bowles with his round of 68.
Second, on countback, was Chris Paxton.
- 1 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 2 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 3 Bassingbourn Village College students win Pitch for the Prize competition
- 4 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 5 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 6 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
- 7 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 8 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 9 Census data reveals Hertfordshire population boom over last decade
- 10 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
In the vets competition, four players returned scores of 69 but it was Ted Prestbury who won on countback from Mike Phizacklea, Trevor Deards and Gary Fortune.