Micky jumping for Joy after Pulsatilla Cup play-off triumph
- Credit: Archant
A four-way tie in the prestigious Pulsatilla Cup back in August meant a play-off on Saturday at Royston Golf Club.
Micky Joyner played a superb round of golf to take the title with a score of 65, nine shots ahead of second-placed Tony Hannington.
Peter Rutter and Ian Dell were the other play-off hopefuls.
Meanwhile, in the Saturday Swindle, Trevor Sweeting beat Andrew Brooker to first place on count-back as both scored 35 points.
Sunday saw the monthly medal being contended at the club along with the alternative Vets Trophy competition for those aged over 55.
You may also want to watch:
Winner of the medal was Glenn Bowles with his round of 68.
Second, on countback, was Chris Paxton.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 3 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 6 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 7 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 10 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
In the vets competition, four players returned scores of 69 but it was Ted Prestbury who won on countback from Mike Phizacklea, Trevor Deards and Gary Fortune.