Micky jumping for Joy after Pulsatilla Cup play-off triumph
- Credit: Archant
A four-way tie in the prestigious Pulsatilla Cup back in August meant a play-off on Saturday at Royston Golf Club.
Micky Joyner played a superb round of golf to take the title with a score of 65, nine shots ahead of second-placed Tony Hannington.
Peter Rutter and Ian Dell were the other play-off hopefuls.
Meanwhile, in the Saturday Swindle, Trevor Sweeting beat Andrew Brooker to first place on count-back as both scored 35 points.
Sunday saw the monthly medal being contended at the club along with the alternative Vets Trophy competition for those aged over 55.
You may also want to watch:
Winner of the medal was Glenn Bowles with his round of 68.
Second, on countback, was Chris Paxton.
- 1 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 2 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 3 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 4 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 5 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 8 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 9 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 10 Socially-distanced festival is a welcome return to pre-pandemic good times
In the vets competition, four players returned scores of 69 but it was Ted Prestbury who won on countback from Mike Phizacklea, Trevor Deards and Gary Fortune.