Meridian Triathlon Club to host GoTri Duathlon at scenic venue
- Credit: Archant
Meridian Triathlon Club, based at the Melbourn Sports Centre, are hosting a GoTri Duathlon this Saturday (July 9) at Wimpole Hall.
The race is an introductory event for those that fancy having a go at a multi-discipline sport.
Wimpole Hall makes an inspiring backdrop and the grounds offer an ideal environment to give one of the fastest growing sports in the country a go.
A duathlon consists of a run followed by a bike ride followed by another run. In this case the distances are 2km run, 6km (off-road) ride and another 2km run.
As the bike route is off-road a mountain bike will be necessary.
You may also want to watch:
Meridian Triathlon Club is excited to be offering this event, the first GoTri to be hosted in National Trust property.
The event costs £10 and is open to competitors aged 15 years or older.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 10 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
For more details and to enter visit www.meridiantriclub.co.uk/go-tri