Meridian Triathlon Club to host GoTri Duathlon at scenic venue
- Credit: Archant
Meridian Triathlon Club, based at the Melbourn Sports Centre, are hosting a GoTri Duathlon this Saturday (July 9) at Wimpole Hall.
The race is an introductory event for those that fancy having a go at a multi-discipline sport.
Wimpole Hall makes an inspiring backdrop and the grounds offer an ideal environment to give one of the fastest growing sports in the country a go.
A duathlon consists of a run followed by a bike ride followed by another run. In this case the distances are 2km run, 6km (off-road) ride and another 2km run.
As the bike route is off-road a mountain bike will be necessary.
You may also want to watch:
Meridian Triathlon Club is excited to be offering this event, the first GoTri to be hosted in National Trust property.
The event costs £10 and is open to competitors aged 15 years or older.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 5 Say this secret phrase and get a free pint for the first game of the Euros
- 6 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 7 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 8 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start
- 9 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 10 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
For more details and to enter visit www.meridiantriclub.co.uk/go-tri