Meridian School sixth formers go behind the scenes at Premier League club
- Credit: Archant
Meridian School’s sixth form students got the chance to go behind the scenes at West Ham United Football Club academy’s training ground.
The visit was linked to their current course modules on talent identification and analysis in sports performance.
Analysis is emerging a critical specialism not only in professional football but in all areas of elite sport.
BTEC sports tutor, Danny Gibson, said: “It was a great day out for the students and was an invaluable insight into the massive range of careers that are available within sport.
“It is far easier for the students to see a clear path for themselves when they observe professionals going about their daily work.
You may also want to watch:
“In fact, David Hunt, Head of Academy recruitment at West Ham, who spent some time with the students today, was originally one of my former BTEC sports students.’
- 1 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 4 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 5 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 6 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 7 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 8 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside