Meridian School sixth formers go behind the scenes at Premier League club
- Credit: Archant
Meridian School’s sixth form students got the chance to go behind the scenes at West Ham United Football Club academy’s training ground.
The visit was linked to their current course modules on talent identification and analysis in sports performance.
Analysis is emerging a critical specialism not only in professional football but in all areas of elite sport.
BTEC sports tutor, Danny Gibson, said: “It was a great day out for the students and was an invaluable insight into the massive range of careers that are available within sport.
“It is far easier for the students to see a clear path for themselves when they observe professionals going about their daily work.
You may also want to watch:
“In fact, David Hunt, Head of Academy recruitment at West Ham, who spent some time with the students today, was originally one of my former BTEC sports students.’
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 6 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 7 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 8 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 9 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 10 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?