Meridian School girls claim Year 9 district netball title
- Credit: Archant
Meridian School’s Year 9 netball team have been crowned district champions after delivering a 100 per cent winning record.
The school took on Princess Helena College, John Henry Newman, Barnwell, Nobel, Thomas Alleyne and Knights Templar on their way to glory in the 13-team tournament.
The games were fast-paced with very little rest-time between games in order to prepare for their next match.
The girls - Daisy Needham, Maya Watson (captain), Molly Davies, Chloe Mills, Sophie Dodds, Kathryn Ealand, Lucie Holden, Courtney Grenfell, Rebekah Timms, Charlotte Davies and Caitlin Pinder - were rarely tested, cantering to six straight wins, scoring 64 goals and conceding only 10.
Following the win, Meridian’s head coach said: “I simply can’t fault this team.
You may also want to watch:
“This victory is fully deserved and rounds off an unbeaten season. They’ve done both Meridian and themselves proud. Congratulations to everyone involved.”
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 3 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 10 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash