Meridian School girls claim Year 9 district netball title
- Credit: Archant
Meridian School’s Year 9 netball team have been crowned district champions after delivering a 100 per cent winning record.
The school took on Princess Helena College, John Henry Newman, Barnwell, Nobel, Thomas Alleyne and Knights Templar on their way to glory in the 13-team tournament.
The games were fast-paced with very little rest-time between games in order to prepare for their next match.
The girls - Daisy Needham, Maya Watson (captain), Molly Davies, Chloe Mills, Sophie Dodds, Kathryn Ealand, Lucie Holden, Courtney Grenfell, Rebekah Timms, Charlotte Davies and Caitlin Pinder - were rarely tested, cantering to six straight wins, scoring 64 goals and conceding only 10.
Following the win, Meridian’s head coach said: “I simply can’t fault this team.
You may also want to watch:
“This victory is fully deserved and rounds off an unbeaten season. They’ve done both Meridian and themselves proud. Congratulations to everyone involved.”
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 7 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 8 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Strictly Come Dancing champion to Dial M for Murder in Cambridge