Meridian girls in top three county finish
MERIDIAN School's under-16s basketball team have finished third in the Cambridgeshire Schools Tournament. After success in January s quarter-finals, the girls team went through to the semi-final last week and where they played against St Bedes School in
MERIDIAN School's under-16s basketball team have finished third in the Cambridgeshire Schools Tournament.
After success in January's quarter-finals, the girls' team went through to the semi-final last week and where they played against St Bedes' School in cambridge.
The Royston girls performed extremely well but lost out in the end by a matter of just two baskets.
Despite this drawback, the girls picked themselves up and won the third-place play-off match against Bottisham.
You may also want to watch:
Head of Girls' PE at the school, Jenny Willis said: "It was a fantastic achievement for the girls and I am extremely proud of their efforts."
Mirroring her teacher's words, Esther Jackson, 15, said: "It was such a thrill to have come third out of all the schools across the whole of Cambridgeshire.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 5 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 10 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes