Meridian girls in top three county finish
MERIDIAN School's under-16s basketball team have finished third in the Cambridgeshire Schools Tournament. After success in January s quarter-finals, the girls team went through to the semi-final last week and where they played against St Bedes School in
MERIDIAN School's under-16s basketball team have finished third in the Cambridgeshire Schools Tournament.
After success in January's quarter-finals, the girls' team went through to the semi-final last week and where they played against St Bedes' School in cambridge.
The Royston girls performed extremely well but lost out in the end by a matter of just two baskets.
Despite this drawback, the girls picked themselves up and won the third-place play-off match against Bottisham.
You may also want to watch:
Head of Girls' PE at the school, Jenny Willis said: "It was a fantastic achievement for the girls and I am extremely proud of their efforts."
Mirroring her teacher's words, Esther Jackson, 15, said: "It was such a thrill to have come third out of all the schools across the whole of Cambridgeshire.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 4 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 5 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 6 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 7 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 8 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 9 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 10 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire