Mens' hockey round-up
ROYSTON Mens I drew 2-2 at Witham on Saturday after an improved second half display. The visitors outplayed Whitam for most of the second half and Nick Ross levelled the score before Chris Welding netted to give Royston the advantage. However, the hosts
ROYSTON Mens I drew 2-2 at Witham on Saturday after an improved second half display.
The visitors outplayed Whitam for most of the second half and Nick Ross levelled the score before Chris Welding netted to give Royston the advantage.
However, the hosts snatched an equaliser with the last chance of the match.
The Mens II beat Winchmore Hill & Enfield 4-1.
You may also want to watch:
Goals before the break from Darren Hicks and Nick Broadley set them on their way before Winchfield reduced the deficit early in the second half before Nick Freeman grabbed two goals to seal the win.
Royston III beat Luton III 2-1 in their final match of their relegation-threatened season.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 3 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 4 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Royal Ascot: ones to watch on final day
- 8 Comedy festival IS going ahead - with Covid-safe measures in place
- 9 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 10 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
Quality at set-pieces separated the sides as Royston were twice able to recycle balls after initial shots from short corner had been saved, setting up Ed Hall and Paul Bloomfield with tap-ins.
The win sees Royston face an anxious wait to see if results fall their way next week to determine their fate.