Mens' hockey round-up
ROYSTON Mens I drew 2-2 at Witham on Saturday after an improved second half display. The visitors outplayed Whitam for most of the second half and Nick Ross levelled the score before Chris Welding netted to give Royston the advantage. However, the hosts
ROYSTON Mens I drew 2-2 at Witham on Saturday after an improved second half display.
The visitors outplayed Whitam for most of the second half and Nick Ross levelled the score before Chris Welding netted to give Royston the advantage.
However, the hosts snatched an equaliser with the last chance of the match.
The Mens II beat Winchmore Hill & Enfield 4-1.
You may also want to watch:
Goals before the break from Darren Hicks and Nick Broadley set them on their way before Winchfield reduced the deficit early in the second half before Nick Freeman grabbed two goals to seal the win.
Royston III beat Luton III 2-1 in their final match of their relegation-threatened season.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 6 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 7 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 8 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
Quality at set-pieces separated the sides as Royston were twice able to recycle balls after initial shots from short corner had been saved, setting up Ed Hall and Paul Bloomfield with tap-ins.
The win sees Royston face an anxious wait to see if results fall their way next week to determine their fate.