Men's winning run comes to an end
ROYSTON Tennis Club s men s first team s winning run came to an end with a defeat in their fourth round match against Cocks & Hens thirds. And their highflying opponents, who are currently battling Royston at the top of the table, edged to victory, doing
ROYSTON Tennis Club's men's first team's winning run came to an end with a defeat in their fourth round match against Cocks & Hens thirds.
And their highflying opponents, who are currently battling Royston at the top of the table, edged to victory, doing just enough to see off Andy Holmes, Matt Fellingham, Mike Moss, and David Addison with a 5-3 win.
However, the men bounced back in round five with a resounding 7-1 win at St Neots thirds.
The men's second team played their final two matches of the season, the first ending in a tight draw at Haslingfield seconds.
You may also want to watch:
Royston then slipped up against RAF Brampton, despite the best efforts of Mike Fellingham, David Addison, Gary Tobiss, Ralph Betts, and John Goodbody.
The ladies team of Emma Daintrey, Kathy Betts, Pru Burton, and Christine Knight lost their fourth and fifth round matches away to Bury St Edmunds thirds and Great Shelford seconds respectively.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 3 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 6 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 7 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 8 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 9 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 10 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
Meanwhile, the under-16 first team look set for a challenging season in the new Cambridgeshire LTA Junior League after they were placed in Division One.
Youngsters, Neil Addison, Andrew Betts, Louis Boulter, and Sam Tobiss slipped to two 3-0 defeats to Next Generation and Thorpe Wood.
Under-13 players Isaac Pickett and Ben Place lost their first match of the season to their Next Generation opposition, although second team players Nathan O'Looney and Alex Wilson fared better with two 3-0 victories against Cottenham thirds and Cambridge thirds.
For more details and club membership visit www.royston-tennis.co.uk