Men’s 5ths crowned Division 11 Champions following bagel
- Credit: Getty Images/Comstock Images
Royston Tennis Club men’s 5ths have been crowned Division 11 champions.
In their final match of the Cambridgeshire Summer League, a team of Adrian Barnard, Pete Goodbody, Donald Hartley and Mat Leverage claimed an 8-0 whitewash over Haslingfield 3rds to end the season undefeated.
The mixed doubles tournament has now begun and Royston teams have made a solid start.
The 2nd and 3rd teams, both in Division Five, squared off, with the 2nds running out 8-0 winners. The winning team was Annabel Barrett, Douglas Coton, Della Gibson and Jeremy Tuck.
The 2nds then backed the win up with a 7-1 defeat of Shelford 4ths.
Meanwhile, the mixed 4ths, playing in Division Nine, secured a hard-fought draw against Milton.
This was followed by impressive wins against Haslingfield 2nds and Orwell 2nds.
- 1 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 2 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 3 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 4 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 5 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 6 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 7 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 8 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 9 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 10 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
Royston Tennis Club welcomes new members and operates a full LTA tennis programme of coaching, matches and tournaments for mini, junior, adult and veteran players of all abilities. For more information, visit www.roystontennis.co.uk