Men’s 5ths crowned Division 11 Champions following bagel
- Credit: Getty Images/Comstock Images
Royston Tennis Club men’s 5ths have been crowned Division 11 champions.
In their final match of the Cambridgeshire Summer League, a team of Adrian Barnard, Pete Goodbody, Donald Hartley and Mat Leverage claimed an 8-0 whitewash over Haslingfield 3rds to end the season undefeated.
The mixed doubles tournament has now begun and Royston teams have made a solid start.
The 2nd and 3rd teams, both in Division Five, squared off, with the 2nds running out 8-0 winners. The winning team was Annabel Barrett, Douglas Coton, Della Gibson and Jeremy Tuck.
The 2nds then backed the win up with a 7-1 defeat of Shelford 4ths.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, the mixed 4ths, playing in Division Nine, secured a hard-fought draw against Milton.
This was followed by impressive wins against Haslingfield 2nds and Orwell 2nds.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 3 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 4 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 5 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 8 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
- 9 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 10 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
Royston Tennis Club welcomes new members and operates a full LTA tennis programme of coaching, matches and tournaments for mini, junior, adult and veteran players of all abilities. For more information, visit www.roystontennis.co.uk