Men’s 5ths crowned Division 11 Champions following bagel
- Credit: Getty Images/Comstock Images
Royston Tennis Club men’s 5ths have been crowned Division 11 champions.
In their final match of the Cambridgeshire Summer League, a team of Adrian Barnard, Pete Goodbody, Donald Hartley and Mat Leverage claimed an 8-0 whitewash over Haslingfield 3rds to end the season undefeated.
The mixed doubles tournament has now begun and Royston teams have made a solid start.
The 2nd and 3rd teams, both in Division Five, squared off, with the 2nds running out 8-0 winners. The winning team was Annabel Barrett, Douglas Coton, Della Gibson and Jeremy Tuck.
The 2nds then backed the win up with a 7-1 defeat of Shelford 4ths.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, the mixed 4ths, playing in Division Nine, secured a hard-fought draw against Milton.
This was followed by impressive wins against Haslingfield 2nds and Orwell 2nds.
- 1 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 6 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 7 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 8 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
Royston Tennis Club welcomes new members and operates a full LTA tennis programme of coaching, matches and tournaments for mini, junior, adult and veteran players of all abilities. For more information, visit www.roystontennis.co.uk